Dr Fritz Todt Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr Fritz Todt Award

Evening everyone, this one was offered to a friend of mine today.. thought I’d put it up for your valued thoughts and opinions.. I have no idea on this item, never ever owned one.. what do we think? These are the only photos I have...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks good to me. I have owned one before and it looks convincing. But I'll wait for others who have more pieces to compare. If you look at the reverse, the micro pebbling has horizontal streaks that confirm to textbook examples. Of course these can be faked but it looks like a good one to me.

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
      It looks good to me. I have owned one before and it looks convincing. But I'll wait for others who have more pieces to compare. If you look at the reverse, the micro pebbling has horizontal streaks that confirm to textbook examples. Of course these can be faked but it looks like a good one to me.

Mil

Hi Mil,

Thanks for your help, hopefully your thoughts will be confirmed by others as you say [emoji1303]

Comment

It has all the hallmarks of an original.
        Richard V

Comment

A good one to me with some interesting coloration! I've only seen these in gray/silver colors

Comment

Very nice original piece in great condition

This type was however the mass-produced private purchase type and not the original award piece which are much much rarer!

Stan

Comment

Thanks for all your comments [emoji1303] glad to hear it’s an original... what was this badge awarded for ? Does anyone have any photos of the original awarded pieces ?

Comment

Originally posted by Welsh RS View Post
                Thanks for all your comments [emoji1303] glad to hear it’s an original... what was this badge awarded for ? Does anyone have any photos of the original awarded pieces ?

See this thread. Award pieces are always marked "Dr. Ing. Fritz Todt".

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...itz+Todt+Preis

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                  See this thread. Award pieces are always marked "Dr. Ing. Fritz Todt".

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...itz+Todt+Preis

Stan

Thankyou Stan! That thread will be a great help to me.. What sort of money to these privately purchased awards go for ? In the condition I posted...

Comment

Check on Weitze's website although he tends to charge top prices.

IMO the one you have posted would be worth €800.

Stan

Comment

Originally posted by Stan View Post
                      Check on Weitze's website although he tends to charge top prices.

IMO the one you have posted would be worth €800.

Stan

Yes I believe that too... I didn’t think this one would be worth that much...

Comment

Could anyone else give a guide to the value on this one ? Will more than likely end up on the estand and would like to ask a fair reasonable price for it.. all advice appreciated

Comment

Can anyone else give an estimate on the value of this piece as I would like to ask a fair price for it on the estand? All help greatly appreciate as always...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X