Attached Files

another back pic
    Attached Files

Comment

Early political style cap eagle. TPK

Comment

Originally posted by TPK View Post
        Early political style cap eagle. TPK
        Agreed. The bird seems to be marked with RZM # in upper left wing which would tell you the maker but the reverse picture is too "fuzzy" to ID it...

Regards

JC

Comment

Thank you very much for your replies. I had to look through an eye loupe at the mark. I can see where the "M" is with the circles starting up each side but can't see the "RZ". It's pretty faint.

Comment

Thanks Zombiehell

No question about authenticity IMO and I agree the markings are not always clear on these... The "RZM" in itself is not that important: its just a logo showing the eagle (or other insignia) was produced by a NSDAP approved maker. Normally though the manufacturer also stamps his (party assigned) maker number somewhere near the RZM stamp as per the attached pictures. At left, is a model 34 NSDAP cap eagle with the early style RZM stamp and maker # 72 (which stands for Fritz Zimmermann of Stuttgart). At right is a model 39 NSDAP Political Leader eagle with the later style RZM logo (double circle) and later form maker # (M1/72) from the same maker. Note that some specimens show the old style logo with the new form maker #

Cheers

JC
            Attached Files

Comment

Welcome among us, Zombiehell; it's good to have you here!

The cap eagle in your initial notes is a model 27, the first design of this cap eagle.

Br. James

Comment

Very interesting, and thank you for the welcome!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X