Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

small yard sale find 8/19/17

Hello forum..

I bought this small lot yesterday while yard saling.

I gave the people $150 for the lot. There are two tinnies that I haven't had before. The other stuff appears to be common stuff. Some French coins in the lot too.

Thanks Robert

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Robert,
            ,, I'd say you did GREAT! Those 2 tinnies [for me at least] are rare! , and I think you got your moneys worth just with them!
            Nice haul,,,congrats!!

Comment

A bargain there for sure - - well done and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Awesome deal. I am always telling myself I have to go to yard sales but never go. Proof positive that I am missing out. Good score!

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Broome View Post
                  Awesome deal. I am always telling myself I have to go to yard sales but never go. Proof positive that I am missing out. Good score!
                  Thanks guys for the comments.

When you go yard saling... you always have to ask. The stuff is almost never out.

Also... I usually start off with asking with military stuff.

"Hi.. I am looking for old military helmets, medals, bayonets, swords, etc. Any items packed away you may wish to sell?"

If they say no... or... YOU'RE the FORTH person to ask today!! I ask about other items for my back up hobbies.

"How about old toys... like vintage GI Joes, star wars, redline hot wheels, etc?"

If no luck... then I say: "Or... old coins?" "Silver dollars, quarters, halves, and dimes?"

usually by then they often say you sound like a "picker." I usually say... I had no luck finding anything today yard saling and am getting desperate.. and chuckle.

If they have stuff packed away.. GET THEIR NUMBER. If you don't get their number they wont call you, or they are making up a story that they have stuff just to tease you.

If you get their number.. you still have only about a 25 to 50% chance of getting anything.

Robert

Comment

Great haul. Love the tinnies. I"ve never had any luck finding militaria at garage/yard sales. I did, however, find some signed numbered prints for $32 that I later sold on ebay for over $800. Made my day.
                    Richard V

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X