Blood Order Badge Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood Order Badge Question

Were Blood order badges marked 900? Or just 800, Or both??

. Actually, the first pattern were marked 990 as they wee almost pure silver. When the second pattern was introduced the silver content was reduced to make them more durable and they were marked 800. Have you found one for sale?
    Last edited by Ken Jasper; 09-19-2002, 06:18 PM.
    OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

Yes, I have found one for sale but it is marked 900. I had never seen one like this so I was concerned,
      So are you saying they were never marked 900?

Comment

I have only seen fakes marked 900.
        OMSA #6582

Comment

What do you guys think of this one?
          I relaise the pictures are bad, looks like a fake to me

Comment

Reverse:

Regards

Dez

Comment

To blurry, I can't see the details wich I need. I've been searching for a bloodorder but I've given up. There are to many execellent fakes and to little originals.

Comment

I would have to agree, to many fakes and to little originals. But I am not a expert and I cannot tell some of fakes from the real ones. I try to post pics.

Comment

Snido,
                  Get a copy of Mickey Huffman's "Hitler's Favorite Political Badges and Decorations, Their History and How to Authenticate Them." His section on Blood Orders will give you what you need to tell the good from the bad; he includes photos of both the real and the unreal. You can get a copy from Ackley Unlimited, P.O. Box 82144, Portland, Oregon 97282-0144; (503) 659-4681. You might also try to find a copy of Patzwall's "Das Ehrenzeichen vom 9. November 1923" which has photos of the original.
                  OMSA #6582

Comment

Ken,

in the book you mentioned might there be any reference to this Mini which seems to have something to do with the Blutorden (or at least with the Feldherrnhalle)? So far I haven't had any luck with identifying and anyones guess is as good as mine.

Dimensions are:

Width : 15.03 mm
                    Height : 9.79 mm
                    Ribbon: approx 16 mm (folded in four layers)

Any help is greatly appreciated

Truly,

Dietrich
                    B&D PUBLISHING
                    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

No sorry, this device is not mentioned in either book. This ribbon and device have come up on this Forum in the past and it was the consensus of the ribbon collectors that the device was not used during the Third Reich. Rick Lundstrom could provide addtional thoughts. Rick are you out there?
                      OMSA #6582

Comment

Blood Order

Even with the blurry photos, it's a bad piece. The suspension is too thick and the letters appear to run up into the slope of the edge on the reverse. Because there were only about 1500 of the first pattern produced, they tend to be exactly the same with no variation.
                        Re the ribbon bar--I've heard the same--there is no documentation of these existing pre 45. The Blood Order was one of the most tightly controlled decorations of the period, so it would be hard to believe that someone would have taken the chance of being arrested for wearing something like that.
                        Erich
                        Festina lente!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X