Clear All

SA Treffen badge, marked "800" for review

houghts on this item,,,opinions welcomed
    Attached Files

Originally posted by militarymania View Post
    houghts on this item,,,opinions welcomed
    Just horrible.

Comment

Agree, it's a bad cast badge. These should be hollow stamped.

On the other hand there is positive side to everything: the Dodo is extinct, but here we see it ressurrected! (sorry bad humor, hope you didn't buy it yet).

Comment

The Dodo fake!

Comment

To reiterate what others have already said, it's fake.

On a related note, I never liked this version of the 1931 SA treffen. The proportions of the wings are horrible, and wholly uncharacteristic of the typical quality of design for the early pieces.

The idea that the 1931 SA Treffen is somehow "rare", is a joke - just browsing dealer sites, you can find >20 for sale at any given time.

Like "Mint"..."Rare" is another often-misused term in this hobby...

Comment

I think the first pattern embossed version is still fairly hard to find. Not rare, but a less seen bird. Mil

Comment

I agree--you'll see 500 of these (not the solid silver marked fantasy) in the hollow version with the low/high wings for every original, but the originals are not rare; maybe scarce would be a better term.
              Erich
              Festina lente!

Comment

But it is interesting that the 1929 and 1933 RPT badges had a solid version but not the 1931 Treffen ones. Just an observation. I wouldn't be surprised at a proposed "prototype 1931 Treffen resurfacing". The 1931 was also proposed as a gold piece which I purchased from CG but didn't feel comfortable and had it returned. CG was kind to provide a refund.

Discussed here: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=755159

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X