Unknown Adolf Hitler Coin / Medal? No markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown Adolf Hitler Coin / Medal? No markings

Hey guys! I stumbled across this coin, or medal, that has Adolf Hitler on one side, and the Swastika on the other. It's magnetic which makes me assume it's either composed of Iron or Steel. It's the size of a quarter, and weighs about 12.8 grams.

Any help is appreciated!

https://m.imgur.com/a/BYtxM

Link for photos ^^^

Welcome among us...it's good to have you here!

I'm sorry to say that, IMO, the coin you show is not from the TR era. "Grossdeutschland" or the Greater German Empire was not a German phrase during the NSDAP period until 1938 and the Austrian Anschluss was accomplished.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      Welcome among us...it's good to have you here!

I'm sorry to say that, IMO, the coin you show is not from the TR era. "Grossdeutschland" or the Greater German Empire was not a German phrase during the NSDAP period until 1938 and the Austrian Anschluss was accomplished.

Br. James

Ahh. I see. So it's some sort of commemorative coin? Gotcha. Thanks for the welcome! It's great to hear.

I'll try and get some more photos out soon.

Thanks!

Cole Pearce

Comment

All the pitting tends to indicate it's a cast piece which implies that's it is not a coin but most likely a fantasy item.

Comment

Looks like a casting made in somebody's garage and most certainly not a pre-45 item.
          Comparisons to other TR commemorative coins and plaques will show what for top notch quality was expected of a manufacturer, such a piece would never pass quality control.
          For example, this Deutsch ist die Saar, they should look like a properly struck coin.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Militaria-Berlin; 04-21-2017, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fredswiss View Post
            All the pitting tends to indicate it's a cast piece which implies that's it is not a coin but most likely a fantasy item.
            Makes sense. I was a little skeptical.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Militaria-Berlin View Post
              Looks like a casting made in somebody's garage and most certainly not a pre-45 item.
              Comparisons to other TR commemorative coins and plaques will show what for top notch quality was expected of a manufacturer, such a piece would never pass quality control.
              For example, this Deutsch ist die Saar, they should look like a properly struck coin.
              Right, right. I get what you're saying. It certainly doesn't meet the same quality as ones I've seen.

Thanks!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X