HisCol

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SA Medal, München 1929-1930 opinions, please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see what you're saying, Jo. Of course, it's also possible that someone in the SA came across this medallion design as a 'blank' and decided to adopt it into Nazi usage, at least for himself, by having it engraved with the date and the dedication to the memory of SA Mann M. Horch.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
      I see what you're saying, Jo. Of course, it's also possible that someone in the SA came across this medallion design as a 'blank' and decided to adopt it into Nazi usage, at least for himself, by having it engraved with the date and the dedication to the memory of SA Mann M. Horch.

Br. James
      James, if you believe that an S.A Mann is going to award himself a (mass-produced) DASV medal for "Treue" then you do that, i will not be joining you.
      I have told you what organization and event it was for, if you wish to believe it went to the moon - twice - go for it!

Comment

Thanks, Jo. I didn't mean to suggest that the person who had this medal engraved with the date and SA Mann's name did so for himself; I was suggesting that another SA member could have seen this medal being offered for sale as a blank and, since it didn't negate the possibility of it's use as an NSDAP memorial, that he could have had it so engraved. I intended to present that simply as a possible explanation for the context of the inscription -- nothing more than that.

As always, thanks again for providing the historical background for the DASV connection. Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

So, OK, it has a generic reverse, but the front, with its breaking chains and "frei" over the cathedral may be something to do with unpopular rule by other Nations of parts of Germany under the Versailles treaty.
          Regards,
          Pete

Wonder what the micro patina of the engraving might show :-)

Comment

More info http://forums.gunboards.com/showthre...n-german-medal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X