Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Value Help On The 1929 RPT!!!

Folks,
    As most of you know, I`ve been selling my tinnie collection. I`m down to my last batch and that includes my 1929 RPT. The problem is, value. I`ve done some research and these things are all over the board. Anyone have any idea what a fair market value is? Thanks

About 350.00.

Comment

I guess he didn't believe you Erich.
      Richard V

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=870362

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
        I guess he didn't believe you Erich.
        Richard V

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=870362
        Haha, can't blame him for trying!

Comment

Well, lets see. If I had started it at $350.00, I would have had to drop it. And then again. And then again. And then again to the point were I`d finally get fed up to where I say, ok, offers? And then I get the "I`ll give you $75.00 for it" So lets see. Hmmm. I start high, by the time I drop the price a couple of times, I might actually get a fair price for it. Oh, and one more thing. The ad says "asking". If I wanted $500.00 FIRM, I would have put $500.00 FIRM. You know, whats wrong with you guys? Seriously! Somebody always has to say something about someone. This is why I`m getting the hell out. Not like it used to be where collectors had fun collecting!!!
          Last edited by Chris Lee; 07-14-2016, 09:42 PM.

Comment

You asked and got an answer you didnt want...why are you so mad that someone pointed it out?

My experience in the estand of listing items too high is that they sit there a very long time and never sell. Then i list my items at a reasonable or lower than market price...they usually sell.

Regards,
            Chris G.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Lee View Post
              Well, lets see. If I had started it at $350.00, I would have had to drop it. And then again. And then again. And then again to the point were I`d finally get fed up to where I say, ok, offers? And then I get the "I`ll give you $75.00 for it" So lets see. Hmmm. I start high, by the time I drop the price a couple of times, I might actually get a fair price for it. Oh, and one more thing. The ad says "asking". If I wanted $500.00 FIRM, I would have put $500.00 FIRM. You know, whats wrong with you guys? Seriously! Somebody always has to say something about someone. This is why I`m getting the hell out. Not like it used to be where collectors had fun collecting!!!
              I hear you my friend, i hear you.
              What you have here, i just addressed in the "Exposing Fake Miliaria - The Fake TeNo Ehrenzeichen" book. It reflects the current state. You have a whole lotta Mother f.....kers, who think they know whats going on, think they are "in tune" with today's "market value" yet none of them have done 2 minutes of research, none of them know what they are parroting.. all just going with the flow.. chirping, smirking.. having a girlish giggle...
              Quoting what they have seen posted, listed and "claimed" by a quick GOOGLE search.
              You leave the hobby and find another path, no worries and be happy!!!!, but rest assured, i`m here to take them down. One by one....... like the bloody dead wood they are.

Too many good people packing it in for the wrong reasons. Too many smirker`s getting away with flippancy-über-flipancy. My Ax is sharp, always sharp, oiled and ready. Leave - but keep checking in, i`m about to start chopping in a "reservation" (a big wig sanctuary) - really shake them up

Comment

whats wrong with you guys? Seriously! Somebody always has to say something about someone. This is why I`m getting the hell out. Not like it used to be where collectors had fun collecting!!!

Ok, i know i probably shouldn't reply as it's of no importance nor will it change anything, but im going to bite anyway and give you a reply. Maybe something to think about when you have finally left "the hobby". Anyone who has been around WAF the past decade has seen that many times (for years) in the past when you had something for sale on the e-stand you made a topic here first to get some "advice" (read: draw attention to your sales) in an attempt to hype the price up. You also have presented yourself for years as somewhat of a tinnie expert, and as being such a long time collector you should know the prices better than anyone (which was/is proven by you asking even more each time). The thing is, no one probably cares for people like you asking ridiculous prices on the e-stand, they are mostly ignored, as everyone knows that even expensive dealers often ask less, but because you post(ed) the way you post and of which this very same topic is perhaps the hundreth example (maybe more, i don't know nor care), you could have expected that members would start to tell you what they think of those insane prices. The two of us had a similar experience here on the forum last year when you tried to draw more attention to a plain carnaval badge you tried to hype up as something it so very clearly was not and which you probably knew too. What goes around, comes around...

In conclusion: you are a big tinnie collector that clearly followed/follows the market for years, you buy and sell all the time, you have more than enough experience to value or even look up items online correctly without needing to ask here first before you sell something.... yet you still make a new topic here on the forum and act as if you have no clue, you then get a clear answer of one the most knowledgeable, well known and honest WAF forummembers and then...you ask a price again thats totally through the roof. You see how it looks? What way had you else expected this topic would go? People offering you 750? Maybe even 1000? 10.000? Nah... the power of a forumcommunity is that at a certain point everyone knows eachother, who's who and more importantly: who posts what and who can be trusted.

Despite all the rats collecting IS STILL fun, the reasons you mention are not the reasons "to get the hell out" (maybe other reasons are though?), there are still many great people in this messed up hobby that sometimes appears to have more dishonest than honest people, but to see you make such a reply, well, dont you think you had it coming? Im not out to make you feel bad, i actually felt bad myself last year with the carnaval badge fiasco, but maybe, just maybe, you could have played this a bit different and not whine about prices everyone knows that you know better than everyone?

I wish you all the best with whatever you are going to do after leaving, one advice would be: treat people like you want to be treated yourself and you'll see that the world is not aways as bad as it sometimes looks.

best regards,
                Gaston

ps: Oh, and yes i sell a lot too, e.g a maker marked RPT 1929 badge just last year on the e-stand for 200, which i then lowered to 190 after which it sold...!

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
                  I hear you my friend, i hear you.
                  What you have here, i just addressed in the "Exposing Fake Miliaria - The Fake TeNo Ehrenzeichen" book. It reflects the current state. You have a whole lotta Mother f.....kers, who think they know whats going on, think they are "in tune" with today's "market value" yet none of them have done 2 minutes of research, none of them know what they are parroting.. all just going with the flow.. chirping, smirking.. having a girlish giggle...
                  Quoting what they have seen posted, listed and "claimed" by a quick GOOGLE search.
                  You leave the hobby and find another path, no worries and be happy!!!!, but rest assured, i`m here to take them down. One by one....... like the bloody dead wood they are.

Too many good people packing it in for the wrong reasons. Too many smirker`s getting away with flippancy-über-flipancy. My Ax is sharp, always sharp, oiled and ready. Leave - but keep checking in, i`m about to start chopping in a "reservation" (a big wig sanctuary) - really shake them up
                  A bit harsh Jo, don't you think? I'm not sure what you are referring to with taking someone down as the only ones posting are fellow collectors questioning the price being asked in relation to recent sales we have seen. I haven't seen this badge sell at $500 yet, so I have to ask if you are seeing this badge selling at this level recently?

http://www.emedals.com/nuremburg-par...ge-1929-g12940

Richard V

Comment

Chris, there is nothing wrong with us. You asked for a value, were given one and decided to bump that suggestion up by 43% as a starting point. Not sure why you think the starting price at a higher level will cause it to sell any faster or at a higher price than the starting point that was suggested and this is what I found a bit odd.

As for Jo's input, seems like he has overlooked the fact you haven't done 2 minutes worth of research on the value of this badge either, other than posting here expecting someone else to provide that information and then choosing to ignore it anyway.
                    Richard V

Comment

Private sellers often ask the same or more than dealers. It should be cheaper from a private selller.
                      Many contact me to sell something they bought from ruptured duck or weitze and feel offended when I offer them a price based on what I later sell for. Estand should be a place were you can buy for reasonable prices.

Comment

OK, I'll chime in here...about 6 years or so ago I bought a RPT29 sliver badge in the best condition I had seen and paid $500.00 for it with out any issue from the e-stand. A lot of the silver finish was off of the badge but it had such crisp detail and fine lines that I did not care. Last year I picked up a silver and bronze 29 for $125.00 each. Go figure. Both had full finish and were also in great shape. All 3 of these were those given out at the event and not the later ones. I guess it all comes down to how much one thinks they are worth. Condition wise I don't think Chris's in that great of shape so asking $500.00 was a bit steep but to someone who needs one for the collection $300.00-350.00 sounds good to me. As for starting the offer price high and then working downwards happens 99% of the time on the e-stand.

Greg

Comment

badges

Guys, thanks for all the input.

Comment

That's right

Originally posted by schönbeck View Post
                            Private sellers often ask the same or more than dealers. It should be cheaper from a private selller.
                            Many contact me to sell something they bought from ruptured duck or weitze and feel offended when I offer them a price based on what I later sell for. Estand should be a place were you can buy for reasonable prices.
                            Very Well Said, Butch

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X