SA Sports Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Sports Badge

I just picked up a SA sports badge from Detlev. What were they awarded for and I notice two grades? Thanks in advance

Originally posted by JaimeH
    I just picked up a SA sports badge from Detlev. What were they awarded for and I notice two grades? Thanks in advance
    Awarded to reward excellence in various things like sprint, long jump but also military activities such as shooting, running with your gas mask on, map reading, etc... They came in 3 grades bronze, silver and gold and these depended on the age of the candidate and a certain number of tests.

Comment

here is a pic of a real sweet gold seriel numbered SA sports badge i recently got...shown with some SA tinnies that came with it...
      mike
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Not only did they come in three grades bronze, silver and gold they were also broken down to three different issues. 1st issue March 1934 to January 1935 "Eigentum d. Chefs d. Ausbildungswesens" (Property of the Chief of Training Staff). 2nd issue February 1935 to December 1938 "Eigentum d. S.A. Sportsabzeichen-Hauptstelle" (Property of S.A. Sports badge Main Office). 3rd issue January 1939 to the end of the war, "Eigentum der Obersten S.A. Führung" (Property of the S.A. Supreme Command).

Comment

not forgetting the rare wound version also. can i ask the price of your gold from detlev??

Comment

The SA Sports Badge for War wounded was instituted in 1943, it came in only one class "bronze". The main difference being the addition of the Wolfsangle to the hilt of the sword.

Comment

In addition to all told:

The SA-Sport Badge was instituted on November 28, 1933. Testing for the award was broken down into three main groups (physical fitness, military defense and field exercises), which were in turn brokendown into subdivisions. Probably the most trying test was the long distance road march with heavy pack. Upon successful completion of the tests, awards were rendered on the basis of accumulated points and age as follows:

<TABLE border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width="100%">Bronze: Men under the age of 35 who successfully passed the test requirements during a twelve month period received a solid bronze badge.

Silver: Men under the age of 35 who successfully passed the test for five consecutive years, or men between the ages of 35 and 40 who passed the tests during a twelve month period received a silver-colored badge.

Gold: Men who had been awarded the silver badge, and continued to pass the tests annually for an additional six years, or men over 40 who passed the tests during a twelve month period received the badge finished in a gold color.

!! In September 1939, the use of serial numbers was discontinued !!

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
                Last edited by Roman (Russia); 02-03-2005, 06:18 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X