GPBs 1401 & 1402

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPBs 1401 & 1402

I know how some members like to collect info on GPBs to add to their database so for those interested take a look at Jamie Cross's update, in the What's New area.

Three Gold Party Badges to a husband and wife. Here's part of the description -

With this trio, comes a little bit of research, showing that the party badges belonged to Helene and Richard Walther. Richard was the Burgemeister of the town of Ilmenau in Thuringen.

Looks like a nice set.

Many thanks for this heads-up, Reichenberg -- very kind of you, and very helpful to many of us, I'm sure.

With all good and collegial wishes,

Br. James

Comment

Quite a rare grouping. Just their Gauadlers, LS awards and party books missing.

Comment

I guess that when they joined the party he must have played the gentleman and allowed his wife to sign up first, thus giving her the lower number?

Comment

More likely that these numbers were assigned in alphabetic order, "Helene" coming before "Richard." But I doubt that we'll ever really understand how numbers were assigned by the Reichschatzmeister's Office. There is some indication that numbers were assigned in groups, thus NSDAP applications from one Gau would be compiled until more from that Gau came in to the Munich office...? How numbers were distributed individually, even within groups, is very much open to speculation, IMO.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X