• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2. Kreistreffen Der NSDAP 27/28.6. 1936

2. Kreistreffen Der NSDAP 27 / 28.6. 1936
    Attached Files

Hi Martin,

That is a nice-looking tinnie. Thanks for posting it. I really like any piece that features a Viking Long Ship motif.

Here is a piece I picked up a last month. I always wanted one of these because of the Viking Long Ship, but just never seemed to get one until last month.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Hello Tom, yes I have to say it is also one of my favourite Designs. The SA Badge you posted are usually prone to hairline cracks to the reverse hence this should not detract from the value.............non the less still a nice Badge
      Regards Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
        Hello Tom, yes I have to say it is also one of my favourite Designs. The SA Badge you posted are usually prone to hairline cracks to the reverse hence this should not detract from the value.............non the less still a nice Badge
        Regards Martin
        Thanks, Martin.

Molded plastic tinnies are another favorite of mine, so that is another reason why I like the 1938 SA Gruppe Nordsee tinnie. Although the one I posted is not the best, the plastic tinnies usually have exceptional detail considering that the development of plastics and its molding was a relatively new technology.

Best regards,
        Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Yanacek View Post
          Thanks, Martin.

Molded plastic tinnies are another favorite of mine, so that is another reason why I like the 1938 SA Gruppe Nordsee tinnie. Although the one I posted is not the best, the plastic tinnies usually have exceptional detail considering that the development of plastics and its moulding was a relatively new technology.

Best regards,
          Tom
          Hello Tom, yes indeed..............regarding technology the Germans were without doubt ahead of their time and as you will no doubt know R. Sieper & Sohne produced numerous Tagungabzeichens (Day/Event Badges) that were Manufactured in Plastic.
          Sieper also Manufactured SA examples in Plastic which exist in both plain and painted versions.
          Regards Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
            2. Kreistreffen Der NSDAP 27 / 28.6. 1936
            Martin, where in the world do you find such great tinnies?
            Joe

Comment

Originally posted by whwjoe View Post
              Martin, where in the world do you find such great tinnies?
              Joe
              Joe, if I told you I would have to kill you joking aside you would't believe some of the places I have discovered tinnies .............occasionally in the most unlikely Places one could ever imagine..................
              Regards Martin

Comment

Another..
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Colin, thank you for posting.............below I have posted my Bronze and Silver examples of the same Badge.
                  As you can see from the Picture compared to the Die stamped hollow back Bronze the silver Badge is a die struck solid Version.

29.30. Mai 1937 Gautag Weser- ems in Oldenburg - Bronze version
                  29.30. Mai 1937 Gautag Weser- ems in Oldenburg - Silver Version
                  Attached Files

Comment

Never seen the solid one before, a beauty, like the opening post great tinnies
                    C

Comment

Interesting the ropes on your bronze one have almost gone on the right hand side of the sail, you can see them on the reverse of it better
                      C

Comment

Originally posted by colin davie View Post
                        Interesting the ropes on your bronze one have almost gone on the right hand side of the sail, you can see them on the reverse of it better
                        C
                        until I saw you Badge for comparison I had never even noticed that........possibly due to a different die or a later worn die been used

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X