https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqlJ...i2w4gNDP2Im-ET

I suggest to subscribe to his channel!

Dietrich
    B&D PUBLISHING
    Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Hail to Jo!
    Regards
    Hans N

Don´t throw away your fake WB´s! Get in touch with me.
    I collect them for reference purposes for the benefit of the hobby (for the right "fake" price of course).

Comment

Typical Jo style. But fact is that the things he teach us are very valuable.

Regards, Wim
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post
        Typical Jo style. But fact is that the things he teach us are very valuable.

Regards, Wim
        Yes, the information is of interest, but the package it comes with is very off-putting.

Comment

is jo still on waf?

Comment

A better question would be: does WAF still want him? With every fake that gets unmasked the trolls here on the forum are shouting harder to try to discredit his discoveries.

I know Jo can perfectly defend himself, but just saying. If people like him are not posting anymore that says a lot and should get everyone thinking. And many others of the good ones have left. Anyone seen e.g Michael Fay recently? Not a good development, not a good development at all.

Comment

He is still a member but is no longer reading nor posting. The constant defending of his position, findings, .. is just to time consuming to him and he has better things to do.
              The "doubters" with the fake articles have finally succeded to drive another very knowledgeable collector off. It is a shame!
              Originality is not about the better speech writing but about facts. And factual he always was and still is, based on historical knowledge and original documents (which he can read and understand).
              B&D PUBLISHING
              Premium Books from Collectors for Collectors

Comment

He has a rather pleasing voice !

Comment

I applaud Jo's efforts to educate collectors; fact is, he understands the manufacturing processes used, and can authenticate a badge based on hard evidence, as opposed to questionable "expert opinions", from questionable experts.

As a fellow coin collector, I understand exactly where he's coming from.

Comment

It's great to be able to authenticate a badge based on hard eveidence, as long as the badge you're authenticating is made by the same maker as the one he shows.
                    What if your badge was made by one of the other 2 makers of these badges on different dies?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonderkommando View Post
                      What if your badge was made by one of the other 2 makers of these badges on different dies?
                      The TeNo Ehrenzeichen in Gold? They are only made by Wilhelm Fühner from Pforzheim.

Proud to be a macro muncher chubby squibber (what ever that is!)

Comment

Originally posted by David Fettes View Post

Proud to be a macro muncher chubby squibber
                        Dito! Chubby Squibbers rule

Comment

Originally posted by Sonderkommando View Post
                          It's great to be able to authenticate a badge based on hard eveidence, as long as the badge you're authenticating is made by the same maker as the one he shows.
                          Exactly, what if?

Then in Jo Rivett's opinion, the other makers are really reproductions, because he says so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dietrich Maerz View Post
                            He is still a member but is no longer reading nor posting. The constant defending of his position, findings, .. is just to time consuming to him and he has better things to do.
                            The "doubters" with the fake articles have finally succeded to drive another very knowledgeable collector off. It is a shame!
                            Originality is not about the better speech writing but about facts. And factual he always was and still is, based on historical knowledge and original documents (which he can read and understand).
                            Dietrich in all good faith, I cannot agree that Jo Rivett, is "And factual he always was and still is."

I know from first hand personal knowledge in sending him badges for his inspection in Switzerland, that if the "facts" are not to his liking, he simply ignores those "facts."

I have personally brought up this problem with you in previous conversations with you.

I am one of those "doubters" and proud of it.

As if what Jo Rivett writes is holy script and not to be challenged, in what the WAF is supposed to be, a marketplace for ideas.

Comment

The badges in question in the series of videos are the TeNo Ehrenzeichen in Gold.

They are only made by Wilhelm Fühner from Pforzheim and this has been proved by the die flaws on the unmarked versions also showing up in the exact same place as the Fühner badges.

Last edited by David Fettes; 03-31-2016, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X