• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinnie identification

Can anyone tell me what this is?
    Attached Files
    HC

I have the new tinnie book by Cassidy and Alexander and its not in there, I have looked up about six since I got the book and never found any, save your money.

Comment

Originally posted by jmcm View Post
      I have the new tinnie book by Cassidy and Alexander and its not in there, I have looked up about six since I got the book and never found any, save your money.

How long have you been collecting tinnies? If you had any idea how many different tinnies there are you would understand that there is no possible way you can get all of them in a first edition book. The authors had to rely on submissions from collectors. Tieste has been at it since 1989 and there are still tinnies that are not in his books. He started with 1800 in his first edition and is at 12,500 with his 5th edition. So I think you should relax a bit. As a matter of fact Cassidy and Alexander have tinnies in their book that you won't find in Tieste. I think they did a really good job with the book and the colour pictures are worth the price of the book themselves. You could own every book ever published on tinnies and not be guaranteed of finding information on every tinnie out there.

Curt
      Last edited by Curt Steinbach; 03-26-2016, 01:33 PM.

Comment

So after having my say below I can't tell you what that one is. Likely a veteran's or regimental pin. I haven't been able to figure out what ADF stands for and unfortunately sometimes it's impossible to figure out. I looked in what I thought would be the obvious places in Tieste and can't find it there either.

Maybe someone else will have better information for you

Curt

Comment

Sorry I can't help with the ID either. As Curt said, probably some veteran tinnie. I see that Jon of Veterans Footlocker had one of these on his site. Unfortunately, he doesn't know what it is either.

http://veteransfootlocker.com/cgi-bi...y_item.asp?987

Best regards,
          Tom
          Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Some thing Deutsche Soldaten ??

Odd construction though. The one on the military site looks cast to me. Makes me pause for thought.
            Regards,
            Pete

Comment

Perhaps instead of a snarky comment on two years worth of work you could do the rest of the tinnie collecting community a favor and contribute photos of missing tinnies not found in our book for volume II.

Just a constructive thought....

Chrys

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
                Some thing Deutsche Soldaten ??

Odd construction though. The one on the military site looks cast to me. Makes me pause for thought.
                Regards,
                Pete
                Allgemeiner Deutsche Frontkampfer? Not sure if there was an org with that name, but I agree with the general consensus that it's probably vet related.

Comment

I strongly disagree with your comment, and I'm also curious to see those 6 tinnies you couldn't find in the book.

Here is my review of Third Reich Tinnie Collecting

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=839167

Comment

Originally posted by CM Alexander View Post
                    Perhaps instead of a snarky comment on two years worth of work you could do the rest of the tinnie collecting community a favor and contribute photos of missing tinnies not found in our book for volume II.

Just a constructive thought....

Chrys
                    Hello Chrys, feel free to contact me via pm or email as you are welcome to use/access my collection for your second volume.
                    Regards Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
                      Hello Chrys, feel free to contact me via pm or email as you are welcome to use/access my collection for your second volume.
                      Regards Martin

Comment

Originally posted by GiuseppeC View Post
                        I strongly disagree with your comment, and I'm also curious to see those 6 tinnies you couldn't find in the book.

Here is my review of Third Reich Tinnie Collecting

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=839167
                        Hi GiuseppeC,

Thank you very much for the kind words in your review of Chrys' and my Tinnie book. I had not seen it before as I don't spend as much time on the WAF as I should. It always does authors' hearts good to see that their work is appreciated. As I write this I am accumulating and editing photos for Volume II, and will be doing so probably for another two years. Thanks again.

Joe Cassidy

Comment

Thanks for the input on the item in question. It sounds like it is not really a "tinnie" after all.
                          HC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X