My Growing Schlageter : Düsseldorf, 28-05-1933 Tinnie Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Growing Schlageter : Düsseldorf, 28-05-1933 Tinnie Collection

This started a couple of years ago with the oval one in the middle.
    These also seem to have nice signs of toning and patina.
    The Oval is missing its pin back but that is the only Detracting issue thus far.
    Attached Files

Schlageter tinnies/badges is an interesting subject to focus on. There is a considerable number of different ones. Good luck completing your collection.

Comment

A very nice collection. My badge.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice stuff going on here.

Not many collect these. There is a round version of the Schlageter badge if I'm not wrong?

Mil

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
          Nice stuff going on here.

Not many collect these. There is a round version of the Schlageter badge if I'm not wrong?

Mil
          Yes there was a round badge as well.
          I think that Schlageter was the 1st NSDAP martyr if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

I won't be surprised if this badge will be coveted after the BO / CB / Gau badge fenzy goes away.

Mil

Comment

Congrats to both General Putnam and ErichS on accumulating these excellent artifacts! I too have long been interested in the Schlageter mystique, though I have never added any physical mementos of that interest to my collections...yet!

The main reason why I have not pursued any examples of the Schlageter cult is that, while he was certainly regarded as a 'martyr of the movement' during the years of NSDAP rule in Germany, to my knowledge there has never been any actual evidence produced that Albert Leo Schlageter was ever a member of the NSDAP. While he certainly was an active member of the Freikorps Movement and his sabotage activities in that regard got him executed by the French in May of 1923, I have never seen anything that connected Schlageter with the NSDAP other than the high public regard in which he was held as a Freikorps patriot. So, IMHO, his memorial benefited from its associations with the Nazi Party rather than by any actual connections.

Br. James

Comment

Br James, you are correct. The NSDAP hijacked him for propaganda purposes I believe, and he was not a member of the party. The occupation of the Rhineland by the the French was never popular ofourse, particularly as Mangin`s Colonial troops were there at some point , and Mangin was not a man known for his tact and diplomacy towards his former foe, hence the destruction of his statue in Paris in 1940 after the fall of France

Very nice badges
                Jim

Comment

I actually picked up the center tinnie a few year ago on account of its interesting design and the rainbow toning it had. I did some digging and as you guys have alluded to his interesting story. My research on the topic is limited and i dont recall any firm doucmentation to him and his unit being formally attached to the party. but, that is just my limited opinon. The badges,tinnies associated with Schlageter have always stood out as rather unique and under appreciated as well as reasonable priced. and you know how that goes, it goes from 3-6 items and it starts grow like made when you see how many diffrent items related to it are out there

Comment

Update

Hello all,
                    I wanted to share this my current progress on Schlageter related items. All in the same place for the first time.
                    For badges I have some challenging ones left:
                    These are the tabs on the badges for Freikorp Actions:

KÄRNTEN 1919
                    GRENZSCHUTZ 1919/20
                    GRENZSCHUTZ 1919/23
                    O./SCHLESIEN 1921
                    O./SCHLESIEN 1922
                    RHEIN/RUHR 1919/23
                    N.S.D.A.P. 1922/23

I will keep you updated and I blew up a pic of my fav related tinnie a the end that purchase is what started me in this direction.
                    GP
                    Attached Files

Comment

Hi GP,i have just started to collect SA related tinnies ,but while i am looking on the different sites i always stop and take a look at the schlageter badge as they always stand out on the page and are a very attractive badge,the ones you have are very nice and show a good patina Kevin .

Comment

Great collection, could you use this such item?
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X