SA Sports Bronze & Gold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Sports Bronze & Gold

Lately I've been working my way through my boxes of goodies and getting everything photographed and into my catalogue. Here are my SA Sports badges. Only posting because they haven't been shown before and although I am sure they are correct it is always nice to hear opinions.

The bronze is mid period and the gold is early.

Attached Files
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Needless to say I am on the lookout for a silver by Schneider

Cheers,
    David.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by David C; 01-23-2005, 06:56 AM.
    At Rathau on the Aller, the CO of 5th Royal Tanks advanced on foot to take a cautious look into the town before his tanks moved in. He encountered one of his own officers, a huge Welshman named John Gwilliam who later captained his country's rugby team, 'carrying a small German soldier by the scruff of his neck, not unlike a cat with a mouse.' The Colonel said: 'Why not shoot him?' Gwilliam replied in his mighty Welsh voice: 'Oh no, sir. Much too small.'

Comment

to me both look good. slight repair to the gold but never the less two good badges

Comment

Thanks Chris.

Cheers,
        David.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X