Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinnie & Pins for review - Authentic?

I picked up this Tinnie and pins.
    Can anyone tell me whether they are authentic?
    Thank you in advance.

Anton,

Believe these three are good, but cannot comment on the tinnie.........

Attached Files
    RonR

Comment

What is the "E" badge?

Karl

Comment

The E badge is a US Victory in Europe pin.
        I had just taken the photo with all together.
        Not asking for an opinion on that one.

Comment

The "E" badge was an award to a factory worker employed at an Honored Facility.

"The Army-Navy "E" Award was an honor presented to a company during World War II for excellence in production of war equipment. The award was also known as the Army-Navy Production Award. The award would consist of a pennant for the plant and emblems for all employees in the plant at the time the award was made. The pennant was triangular swallowtail with a white border, with a capital E within a yellow wreath of oak and laurel leaves on a vertical divided blue and red background. ARMY is on the red background and NAVY on the blue background.

Usually an Army officer and a Navy officer would be present at a ceremony when a company would assemble all the employees and a ceremony would ensue. After the award of the pennant to the plant (to be flown), the employees present would receive their pins. A total of 4,283 companies received the award in the course of the war.[1] This amounted to about 4% of the companies engaged in war work. Plants with continuing excellent work were awarded stars to add to their pennant. A handful of plants earned up to six stars by the end of the war. The Army-Navy "E" Award program was terminated after the war ended."

Best regards,
          RonR

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X