Reichsnehrstand Badge Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reichsnehrstand Badge Question

I got a nice little vet,s family load that consisted of badges and tinnies. This badge was included. I havce never had another and have heard of them referred to as both tinnies and honor badges. It is made of CupAl and has a lovely solvered finish. I would appreciate knowing exactly what this is.

Thank you,
    Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Bob I believe this is an honor/award which came also in gold. A nice find and highly sought after. Nice catch. Happy New Year Robert

Comment

Thank you very much for your reply. It struck me as odd that I have never owned one in 50 years of seeking out material from vets and their families.

Bob Hritz
      In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Hi Bob,

Here's some information about the organization that issued this badge:

The Reichsnährstand was a government body set up in Nazi Germany to regulate food production. It was founded by the Reichsnahrstandsgesetz (decree) of 13 September 1933 and was led by Walther Darré, one of the leading Nazi "blood and soil" (German: Blut und Boden) ideologists and served as Reichsminister of Food and Agriculture from 1933 to 1942. He was an SS-Obergruppenführer.

A nice artifact from the period. Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Nice badge as stated above it is known to have been made in silver and gold -as is seen on the reverse is a "RBR" which probably stands for" Reichs bauernschaft" - As little or no information is available for this badge it is thought to be intended as award of merit within the Reichsnahrstand orginazation.
          Nice find
          Horst

Comment

Originally posted by gauost View Post
            "RBR" which probably stands for" Reichs bauernschaft"
            RBR = Reichsbauernrat

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X