• Show
Clear All

Small Golden Party Badge - A.H.

Hello everyone,

Any comments appreciated. Any good?

Thanks!
    Klaus

www.ratisbons +++ www.ratisbons.com

It looks like an original piece to me. What would make it much more interesting...to me, at least...would be the provenance accompanying it, connecting it to the individual who pleased his/her Führer enough for Hitler to present that person with this most special symbol. Without that provenance, this badge will forever remain even more 'anonymous' than a similar GPB with an unattributed NSDAP Membership Number on it's reverse -- for such badges there is at least some hope that the original recipient's membership number will one day be identified, but for one of these AH Honorary GPBs without provenance, the original recipient can never be discovered.

Br. James

Comment

Hi Klaus,

GPB is without any doubts original and in perfect condition. It has most of the delicate silvering on the letters intact.

Regards, Wim
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Very nice badge. Just not attributable.

These are usually way overpriced.

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

COLLECTING POLITICAL ITEMS, HJ AND SS

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
              It looks like an original piece to me. What would make it much more interesting...to me, at least...would be the provenance accompanying it, connecting it to the individual who pleased his/her Führer enough for Hitler to present that person with this most special symbol. Without that provenance, this badge will forever remain even more 'anonymous' than a similar GPB with an unattributed NSDAP Membership Number on it's reverse -- for such badges there is at least some hope that the original recipient's membership number will one day be identified, but for one of these AH Honorary GPBs without provenance, the original recipient can never be discovered.

Br. James
              Be. James makes an interesting point. But really, how many of the Ehrenhalber A.H. badges have ever been definitely associated with recipients out of the hundreds handed out? Without some type of personal marking, how can any buyer be certain. One must rely on the "story".

Comment

I couldn't agree more, Joe! As Andreas summed up in far fewer words than I did: "Very nice badge. Just not attributable." And the key phrase here is "not attributable." The lure of the lore (pardon the pun) of the GPB is attaching a person to a particular badge -- at least for me it is! And as you rightly state, very few of the AH Honorary GPBs have actually been attributable to a particular individual, mainly because these dated badges were awarded in large numbers and none of them came with a person's name or reference number other than the date of awarding. (If memory serves, I believe there was only one situation where only one such dated badge was awarded on a particular date, and of course that instance is attributable!)

I recall reading over the years that on a few occasions a dated AH Honorary GPB turned up among the personal effects of a major personage of the time, and such a badge became attributed to that person because it was known that he (or she) actually received that award. But such occasions are extremely rare.

As far as the "story" is concerned, we've all heard countless stories from supposed returned war vets and many others about what they picked up where, and we normally discount such tales as unverifiable...and so they are. As one of our colleagues here on WAF once put it, 'I am buying the artifact for itself and NOT the story that the vet told about it!' Such a point of view is hard to deny, and I for one subscribe to it. Without some form of attested provenance -- which has also been faked over the years -- the item must stand on its own, sans "story!"

Cheers, my friend,

Br. James

Comment

Nice badge!
                  Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

This badge fetched a whopping 2,860 EUR high bid before fees - congratulations to the seller !

A set sold yesterday for 3,500 EUR also at auction - congratulations to the buyer !

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
                      This badge fetched a whopping 2,860 EUR high bid before fees - congratulations to the seller !

A set sold yesterday for 3,500 EUR also at auction - congratulations to the buyer !
                      I agree!

Kind regards, Peter

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X