Two HJ Shooting awards , are they ok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two HJ Shooting awards , are they ok?

Are this pieces ok or any red flags? Many thanks for your help!
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

I do like the first one but don't know what to think about the second. That's a very poor swastika isn't it?

Regards, Wim
      Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Many thanks for your opinion Wim... any comments on the second?

Comment

At first sight I was telling "both original" then I've read Wim's post and that second one has a strange swastika for real.

Good eye Wim!!

Copy or some strange version?
          COLLECTING POLITICAL ITEMS, HJ AND SS

Comment

Well, you never know. HJ shooting awards are a real mine field and no one knows exactly which pieces are good and which are not. I got two common M1/77 and one common M1/63. I still have no example with silver wreath because I don't trust the stuff that is offered. And a golden wreath is already completely out of the question.

Regards, Wim
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Does anyone have another example of a M1/25 badge that can be used for comparison. Other than the crude swastica , the badge in question looks believable.
              Garry

Comment

Originally posted by Wim Vangossum View Post

Well, you never know. HJ shooting awards are a real mine field and no one knows exactly which pieces are good and which are not. I got two common M1/77 and one common M1/63. I still have no example with silver wreath because I don't trust the stuff that is offered. And a golden wreath is already completely out of the question.

Regards, Wim

Why is a golden one out of question? Please look at my photo what do you think?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Valentino View Post
                  what do you think?
                  That both badges you show are fakes. Thats what i think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
                    That both badges you show are fakes. Thats what i think.
                    Ah ok, many thanks. This are not my badges, but a german collector asked me to buy them. because I was looking for HJ Shootingbadges. My badges are the first two in this thread.

Jo, can you please explain why they are fakes? I mean where are the red flags?

Comment

Originally posted by Valentino View Post
                      Jo, can you please explain why they are fakes? I mean where are the red flags?
                      Servus Valentino
                      You are welcome to join us on the Hitler Youth Research Forum, where such items have been discussed, and where such items are discussed - in detail.
                      I am not a registered member here, and can therefore not upload images to this forum without using a host. (and i would need to show many images to make it clear why they are fakes - just Blah-Blah like many do here, would not suffice)

Recently i have uploaded a few images on this forum via a host, in order to "help people such as yourself" who ask for more information, BUT... as you will read on this thread, even after i comply and take time to do it, i dont even get a "thank-you".
                      Also, very recently, the three people who run the hate-blog AD Royster-militaria, have stolen an image i uploaded here on waf and created their own story to it.
                      So for these very real reasons, i will not be uploading any more images on waf.
                      I did think about becoming a registered member here so it would be easier to put images up, but i don`t see why i should pay money just to have people - not even bother to say Thanks, and to have the images stolen and have twisted stories added to them.
                      Merci

Comment

Originally posted by Jo Rivett View Post
                        Servus Valentino
                        You are welcome to join us on the Hitler Youth Research Forum, where such items have been discussed, and where such items are discussed - in detail.
                        I am not a registered member here, and can therefore not upload images to this forum without using a host. (and i would need to show many images to make it clear why they are fakes - just Blah-Blah like many do here, would not suffice)

Recently i have uploaded a few images on this forum via a host, in order to "help people such as yourself" who ask for more information, BUT... as you will read on this thread, even after i comply and take time to do it, i dont even get a "thank-you".
                        Also, very recently, the three people who run the hate-blog AD Royster-militaria, have stolen an image i uploaded here on waf and created their own story to it.
                        So for these very real reasons, i will not be uploading any more images on waf.
                        I did think about becoming a registered member here so it would be easier to put images up, but i don`t see why i should pay money just to have people - not even bother to say Thanks, and to have the images stolen and have twisted stories added to them.
                        Merci
                        Many thanks, Jo

Comment

Hi Valentino,

Like Jo already said the two badges are probably fake. We may not forget that the HJ shooting award with golden wreath is a very rare badge, possible even more rare then an SS-Zivilabzeichen from Otto Gahr or an FM Honour Award.
                          Despite this fact this assumed rare award is pretty easy to find on dealers sites and most of the time for a relative low price. Every HJ collector seems to have his HJ shooting Award in Gold and Silver just like it looks penauts to find this ultra rare thing

The only "believable HJ shooting badges with golden wreath that I saw are the specimen made by M1/120 Deumer. They also seems to have a real fire gilded wreath? and I guess that even then Jo keeps sceptical about them

When I ever can buy such thing directly in a grouping from a German picker, It could have a certain chance to be good. In the mean time I can only dreaming...

Regards, Wim
                          Freedom is not for Free

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X