VirtualGrenadier

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SA Sports Tinnie I havent seen..opinions please...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SA Sports Tinnie I havent seen..opinions please...

Would really like some opinions on this tinnie...haven't seen one like this before...
    Attached Files

Good original badge
    Mametz

Comment

Originally posted by Pink View Post
      Would really like some opinions on this tinnie...haven't seen one like this before...
      Not a scarce SA tinnie to find in metal, however there exists plastic versions of this particular Badge that are extremely scarce to find. Also one can encounter scarce variants where the Sword and wreath are upside down. Below for your reference I have posted examples of the different variants.
      Regards Martin

SA Gruppe Franken 1938 Kampftage Der SA - Obverse
      Attached Files

Comment

SA Gruppe Franken 1938 Kampftage Der SA - Reverse
        Attached Files

Comment

From left to right 1) Black Plastic version 2) Metal Version
          Attached Files

Comment

upside down/rotated date

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
            Not a scarce SA tinnie to find in metal, however there exists plastic versions of this particular Badge that are extremely scarce to find. Also one can encounter scarce variants where the Sword and wreath are upside down. Below for your reference I have posted examples of the different variants.
            Regards Martin

Thank you Martin...why I had posted it was I noticed when it was offered for sale that the badge/date were out of sync, and hadn't seen that variety before...figure it must be a scarcer variety for sure...any idea of value..?
            Thanks again...
            FS

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Harding View Post
              Not a scarce SA tinnie to find in metal, however Also one can encounter scarce variants where the Sword and wreath are upside down. Below for your reference I have posted examples of the different variants.
              Regards Martin
              Looking at it, the badge is the same way up, its just the date that's upside down.
              Never looked for this variant, but will now, and never seen a plastic one.
              Plastic or bakelite?
              Regards,
              Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Pink View Post
                Thank you Martin...why I had posted it was I noticed when it was offered for sale that the badge/date were out of sync, and hadn't seen that variety before...figure it must be a scarcer variety for sure...any idea of value..?
                Thanks again...
                FS
                Hello, it's such a difficult call when it comes to valuation based on what appears to be mistake with a manufacturer's die. As you know if it was a Stamp or coin with an error they can be worth a small fortune. However when it comes to tinnies as it is at the moment it doesn't make such a significant increase to the value.
                However there are both versions on Snyder's treasures web site and if my memory serves me correct he has the standard one priced at approx $50 with the one where the Date is upside down priced at virtually double the price.
                Regards Martin
                Last edited by Martin Harding; 07-11-2015, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
                  Looking at it, the badge is the same way up, its just the date that's upside down.
                  Plastic or bakelite?
                  Regards,
                  Pete
                  Hello Pete, yes when put like that it is only the date that appears to be the difference. I ask myself was it intentional so one could wear the Badge either way i.e sword facing upwards or sword facing downwards........somehow I doubt it though.
                  In the case of this particular Badge not actually Bakelite, albeit another type of plastic
                  Regards Martin

Comment

Upside down.

Originally posted by Wood View Post
                    Plastic or bakelite?
                    Regards,
                    Pete
                    Hi Pete...when I saw it for sale on Estand that was my thought exactly...the date is upside down....and by the comments, it is good to see it was a good buy decision...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X