Kampfgruppe

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nürnberg RPT 1929 in silver good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nürnberg RPT 1929 in silver good or bad?

Hi everyone

Been offered this one but are in doubt, details are really good, but it has a rough texture, very visible on the helmet. Also a dieflaw near the "1919". The needle plate also looks strange. Weight and heigt seems to add up with my period bronze piece.

Don't be affraid to post your gut feeling

KR. Thomas
    Attached Files

Looks typical to me...geschutz seems to have an I after it Or is that an extra T....does that seem unusual to anyone else?

Comment

Thomas, your badge looks fine to me.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys, concerning the extra T it matches the spelling on other Hoffstätter badges.

Anyone else has an opinion?

KR Thomas

Comment

I have a bronze with rough texture by same maker

Comment

Thanks John, what worries me here are the strange holes in the needle plate. Haven't seen anything like it on other pieces.

KR. Thomas
            Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tom, i think the holes in the pin are fine. Mil

Comment

100%

A1 piece no concerns

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Bendixen View Post
                  Thanks John, what worries me here are the strange holes in the needle plate. Haven't seen anything like it on other pieces.

KR. Thomas
                  I'm not sure what the technical term for it is, but could the holes (stress fractures?) be from the metal "ripping" when it was stamped into this shape?

Comment

Thanks guys forbruge reassuring comments, lets see if I get the badge.

KR. Thomas

Comment

There are two tiny flaws on this badge which is indentical to a sliver badge I have.
                      First at the bottom of the G a tiny dent and on the B a tiny raised spot.

I also have a bronze badge with the same flaw on the G, I have noticed this flaw on the G on several of this type of badge.

Regards
                      Steve

Comment

Hello Steve,

which G are you referring to? I never noticed the flaw on the B!

Mil

Comment

The G in Nurnberg, at the 25 past position , a small dent and on the B a tiny dot at the 20 past position.
                          Both exactly the same as mine so I would assume a die flaw.

Regards
                          Steve

Comment

Thanks, Steve.

Mil

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X