German American Bund stickpin for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

German American Bund stickpin for review

Friend was looking at this at a show by him, and isn't sure if it's good. I know there are a lot of fakes of these so figured I would post it for him to see if a consensus can be made.
    Attached Files

For my is ok

Comment

Bund

That is a Very Nice stick pin! I Love the color. Thanks for sharing it. Butch

Comment

Nice, here is another one
        Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kyle,

This piece looks good to me, too; appears to have age character. I believe Scott Freeland referred to Apollo Jewelry of Brooklyn NY as one of the firms that produced AV badges and pins in the 1930s in his book, "They too were Americans," but I don't have access to my copy at this time.

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Thanks for your input, David; I am always intrigued by Bund artifacts that have wound up in Germany! Seems only fair to me!

Br. James

Comment

Maybe im (too) paranoid again but wasn't there a discussion on these in the past? I may be wrong but i think to remember a discussion on two types and one being bad?

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                Maybe im (too) paranoid again but wasn't there a discussion on these in the past? I may be wrong but i think to remember a discussion on two types and one being bad?
                I thought i saw this too, but could only find this, and it resulted the same as the start, a bunch of unknowns.
                http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rican+stickpin

Comment

I looked up this firm in the NYC phone directory at the NYC public library and no phone number could be found. Not to say they would have to have a telephone necessarily but you would think that they would. My cousin who is 85 now and lives in Ridgewood fairly close to Bund headquarters has never heard of this firm. This is all I actually know. No telephone and no recall from an 85 year old. Circumstantial at best. Enjoy your weekend. Robert

Comment

It's been much back and forth with these. I for one is on the questioning side.
                    Attaching a picture of my Bund-pin.

Comment

I have one in my collection, too. Have always liked it.

Br. James

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X