SS-Heimwehr Danzig Ehrennadel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Heimwehr Danzig Ehrennadel

Came across this little guy in Pomona. Could not say no.

cheers

Matt
    Attached Files

Cute little guy.

Nice.

Comment

Thanks Gary. I got lucky to be near by when the previous owner was unloading his stock on the table and saw it.

cheers

Matt
      Attached Files

Comment

I have never handled an original and had only seen fakes of this pin. It was nice to get a close look at one that is original. I cannot imagine many are around.

Bob Hritz
        In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

I trust you took your electron microscpe with you.
          Pete

Comment

No. I took a chance on unproven pin of unknown origin. With the exception of asking one of my German speaking colleagues to check for spelling mistakes, it was all a big leap of faith.
            It was only when I got home that I was able to identify typical Danzig patina as present on the pin.
            Hope you like it.

cheers

Matt

Comment

Hi Matthew,

Very nice find, these have always been a favorite of mine, but i've only ever inspected one in hand and it was not for sale. The only difference i see on yours is the numbering, although close to the one i know of it's a bit different (more rough). A very rare award for sure!! Congrats (again!). I should probably visit the USA next year judging all the goodies you turn up.

By the way, you probably already know it, but these were awarded together with a citiation. The case is new to me.

best regards,
              Gaston

Comment

Thanks Gaston.
                Yes, unfortunately the award document is missing and did not come with this pin. Since both came numbered, I am not holding my breath.
                You should absolutely come and visit- you will almost certainly find little something every time. Next one I am planning on going will be Tulsa, OK in November. Would be great meeting you in person.
                Oakleaf has one for sale here if anyone is looking: http://www.oakleafmilitaria.com/germ...offerings.html

cheers

Matt

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X