Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some Odd Items Help Please!!!

Guys,
    These 3 pieces came with some other stuff and I`m not to sure about 2 of the 3. I`m pretty sure the Hitler tinnie is an early supporters piece. I`m thinking the one is a button of some kind off a uniform and the other thing is the head off a wooden stamp?
    Attached Files

pics

pics
    Attached Files

Comment

pic

pic
      Attached Files

Comment

Well the first is a nice home made piece using a picture from a newspaper or magazine.
        Not always a supporter per se, remember some people adored him (dare I say females)
        Second could be German but it could be just that old good luck sign.
        As to No. 3 I will stick my neck out here, and say it looks like a piece of cast rubbish.
        Regards,
        Pete

Comment

I have no idea of course where or how you got them, which would be a fair clue about them.

It is possible that the first one is a early or even later sympathy or supporter pin, such things were worn....some homemade and some just cheaply made and sold, not officially I would think. Somewhat like cheap souvenirs at a tourist attraction.....but probably there are some who collect them somewhere.

I see no markings which would indicate area, country or maker to tell us about it. It does not look like any German uniform button I have ever seen, but I am no expert and never would claim to be; however, it is a button. The hakenkreuz or swastika is a very old symbol found in many countries and etc.. I am sure you know it was even used by the so-called American Indians (totally incorrect term, likely from Columbus.....I also cringe at the name Native Americans.....since that really just means someone born in America). It was largely seen as a good luck sign, as Wood said; however it is possible it could be German also.

The last one......who knows. I don't believe in any way that it may have been an official German stamp end. Why and for what? Maybe something like a "cover charge" stamp, just an example....I am not say that is what it was for, or maybe something someone came up with for a toy or a really stupid person trying to make really bad "fake" (I hate that word also, but can't think of another) things to try to sell to really really gullible people. Now that I have thrown in my "2 cents", watch.....someone who knows what it is will say it is rare as hell.

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
            Well the first is a nice home made piece using a picture from a newspaper or magazine.
            Not always a supporter per se, remember some people adored him (dare I say females)
            Regards,
            Pete
            Pete,

You got that right............

Attached Files
            RonR

Comment

ooo
              Attached Files
              RonR

Comment

stuff

Thanks guys!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X