Clear All

The Dresden, 6.-9. Oktober 1933 tinnie NSLB

Hello guys,

Is this one ok?

Cheers Adam

DSCF1870.JPG

DSCF1871.JPG

Hi Adam,

I found a few other examples of the NSLB Dresden 1933 (Hans Schemm Haus) tinnie on the net. Each one is a bit different in design and pin configuration. The one on the left appears to resemble yours. I prefer the one in the middle, which is a crisp, hollow-back die-striking and maker marked to Gustav Brehmer of Markneukirchen. My guess, though, is that all of these are probably originals, the differences being attributed to different manufacturers.

I'm not certain on this so, hopefully, some others will respond.

Best regards,
    Tom
    Attached Files
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I think its probably a Polish fake.
      Regards,
      Pete

Comment

Hello Adam, sadly the Badge that you posted is a fake
        The Three examples below that Tom posted the 2nd and 3rd are of Genuine TR manufacture. However the silver example although original is not the original finish.
        If one looks carefully at the first Badge one can see from the reverse that the Badge lacks the definition one would expect to see from a period die strike.......in other words the
        detail is dire. The pin assembly is another give away.
        Regards Martin
        Last edited by Martin Harding; 03-07-2015, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Hello Adam
          is a bad Copie

Comment

Hello Tom
            Your Tinnie left is a Copie

Comment

Yes, As Guy said, and I forgot to mention, the one on the left shown by Tom is also a copy.
              Pete

Comment

Hello Pete & Gus, pleased I could help even though you apparently can't see my post/ comments ......................
                Regards Martin

Comment

Sorry Martin, didn't read your post thoroughly enough. Unruffle feathers.
                  Regards
                  Pete

Comment

Hello guys,

Thanks for the information. I want to clarify, though, that none of the tinnies I show in post #2 belong to me. I found those images on the net while trying to help Adam with information about the tinnie he posted. I assume that this tinnie is one that is hard to come by and therefore it has been faked to some degree.

I can see now that the fake is pretty sloppy by comparison. The wreath has no symmetry at all and the Hakenreuz is deformed, in addition to the other flaws that have already been pointed out. It's almost surprising, though, that the fake has cutouts around the top and bottom of the flag while the originals do not.

But now, if one of these should ever come my way, I will know exactly what to look for.

Thanks again & best regards,
                    Tom
                    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Another fake:

This is the only other example I found pictured on the net. The wreath on this one is more symmetrical, but the Hakenkreuz is still deformed and it has the cutouts around the flag. The vertically-configured, bellied pin, block hinge, and round wire catch certainly give this one away.

Best regards,
                      Tom
                      Attached Files
                      Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
                        Sorry Martin, didn't read your post thoroughly enough. Unruffle feathers.
                        Regards
                        Pete
                        Hello Pete, what gives you the Impression that I have feathers......... actually I have Scales............... as these days I am more like a Crocodile than a Bird ..........albiet an invisable one
                        Regards Martin

Comment

Hello Tom, I have to admit I had not noticed that the background to the Standard on the fakes was cut out.
                          Although not one of the scarcest Badges to encounter as you know there are many fakes of this particualr Badge out there.
                          Regards Martin

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X