Hunting pins and badge opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting pins and badge opinions

Hello, thought I would check on these. Had them in a box for awhile. Thanks!!!
    Attached Files

Rear
    Attached Files

Comment

Very un-typical, not twist to the stick pins... lock catch on the larger badge? These wouldn't be for me... see what others have to say but unlike other examples I've owned or seen....
      John G.

Comment

Can't remember seeing this variant before - raised swastika. Here's my three with engraved swastika, reverse has Ges. Gesch. with knurled twist on stick-pin.
        Attached Files

Comment

I don't collect hunting stuff, but these look like quality pieces.

The workmanship on the larger badge, even with the unusual catch, always seen on US items, but also used by the Germans, looks period.

One thing that must be kept in mind, is that not everything is faked. The faker needs a ready market. He needs an original item that is recognizable and desireable.

Hunting stuff like this just does not qualfy. Only a person really into TR stuff would even know what these are.

Certainly not the general buying public.

I think gtbpappy's badges are originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Symonds View Post

One thing that must be kept in mind, is that not everything is faked. The faker needs a ready market. He needs an original item that is recognizable and desireable.

Hunting stuff like this just does not qualfy. Only a person really into TR stuff would even know what these are.
            Hi Gary, I'm afraid this simply isn't the case. Virtually everything has been copied at some point, not always with intent to deceive. For example, a modern reproduction Deutsche Jägerschaft pin can be purchased on this website, which apparently specializes in reprodutions. http://www.pzg.biz/regalia_nazi_pins_regalia.html

This is only one example that I found by means of a quick web search. There are undoubtedly others, possibly of much higher quality. These can easily be passed unknowingly into legitimate collections.

As for the authenticity of this particular pin being posted, unfortunately I'm unable to verify or condemn either way. All the examples I have seen had the knurled pin, but it's possible this variant is period. Hopefully some other DJ collectors will comment.

Best Regards

Comment

Dont know diddly sqwat about these but I picked 2 up along the way long ago that I kept but never took pictures but, for what it worth...
              My large version in aluminum is identical to Soldon's with the same crimped pin and incuse swastika. My stick pin is in tombac (not aluminum) so the knurled pin is welded on instead of crimped like Soldon's example however it also has an incuse swastika and there is no relief border around the "DJ" bandeau on the stick pin either

Regards

JC

Comment

More examples

There are several more pictures of originals posted in this thread, all of which conform to the examples I've owned. : http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=478626

I found another reproduction of this pin offered online. To my eye it looks very much like the first pin posted in this thread, with the raised swas. : http://landser.com/dj-hunting-association-pin/

Hope this helps
                Last edited by Albrecht; 05-27-2015, 09:38 PM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Appears to be cast...so the question is is it soft like lead, or pewter? Back gives me pause. First impression is not positive IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X