SS Lapel Pin Does Exist!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Lapel Pin Does Exist!!

Hi Guys , just by chance I was looking for a copy of "Gchlag nach!" and look what poped up. I still think the one I had was a repo. But the pin (#5 in illustration) did exist as well as the stick pin variation. Page 211.
    Thanks
    Joe
    Last edited by Joseph D'Errico; 08-18-2002, 03:48 PM.
    What we do in life ehoes in eternity.

Joe,

I don't think that the picture can be used as a guide. The SA pin shown came, to my knowledge, only in a stickpin version and it doesn't appear in the picture either; same with the NSDAP eagle next to it and the DAF pin in the lower row..
    Last edited by Ken Jasper; 08-18-2002, 03:57 PM.
    OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

Does it say it was a stick pin or lapel pin? Anyone have a real one?

Comment

The SS pin is also shown in R.Kahls book ( Insigina,Decorations and Badges of the Third Reich and Occupied Countries) but does not state pinback or stickpin but he does call it a badge so I would take that to imply lapel pin. I do have both pinback and stickpin versions of the NSDAP eagle and the DAF pins as mentioned by Ken so I do know they exist.

Comment

SS Lapel pin

The SS Lapel pin, called the SS-Zivilabzeichen or SS-ZA,was created in 1929/30 by the designer of the Sigrunen. The pin was produced by both Hoffstaetter and Gahr only in the straight pin variety for the lapel. It was available to qualified SS members upon application and payment of fee. It was in production until the early years of the war with apporximately 176000 being produced. Jack Angolia wrote a short treatise on the subject some years ago for "Military Advisor".
          The SS-ZA was considered a worthy badge as it was specifically listed on the SS Officer's Main File Card with space for the Badge Issue Number. Numerous repros and fantasy pieces including shield shaped badges and some with safety pin type of attachment are in production.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
          X