Tinnies, 5 Years' Later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would like to see the verso of Wien 31-03
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

Very nice collection indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Hritz View Post
        I would like to see the verso of Wien 31-03
        (Bob and I were talking via PM, but I'll share this with the forum):

Wien 31-03 is one that I've mostly seen poured-cast copies of, as opposed to the die-stamped construction techniques that most tinnies exhibit (especially the early ones). Mine's missing the pin, but is original (at least as far as I know):

Comment

Last edited by GiuseppeC; 12-14-2014, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by feldpost 58 View Post
            Hi,

You have a good collection, with some amazing tinnies which I have never come across.
            Many thanks for showing, with some rare items!

Best wishes,

John.
            Thank you for the kind words!

Comment

Originally posted by GiuseppeC View Post
              (Bob and I were talking via PM, but I'll share this with the forum):

Wien 31-03 is one that I've mostly seen poured-cast copies of, as opposed to the die-stamped construction techniques that most tinnies exhibit (especially the early ones). Mine's missing the pin, but is original (at least as far as I know):

Thank you very much. I have never seen a die steuck version. the only examples I have seen are the horrible cast copies. I truey hope this is the original example as it makes an important addition to the discussion we have been having about this tinnie.

Bob Hritz

Comment

I have viewed this thread many times and am so impressed with the wonderful selection and rarity of so many of these tinnies. I am always thrilled to see a collection where the quality and selection of items is so well demonstrated. You have very fine taste in collecting.

Bob Hritz

Comment

Outstanding collection of Tinnies. A true pleasure to see them all which was also a lot of work to take all these photos and post them. I like some better than others but there is not one I do not like. Well done! Thank you very much for sharing! Jürgen

Comment

Thank you very much. I have never seen a die steuck version. the only examples I have seen are the horrible cast copies. I truey hope this is the original example as it makes an important addition to the discussion we have been having about this tinnie.

Bob Hritz
                    Hi Bob:

As I mentioned in the PM, I've only ever seen a few of the die struck versions of this one. Please feel free to use the pictures as you see fit (and I can send you more detailed photos, if you need them).

Comment

Very very nice collection you are presenting here, thank you for showing.
                      Seems like we have a similar taste, as I the varity of yours is pretty much likely like mine. If it has a brilliant design - I gotta have it! Again- thanks for sharing!

Comment

Thanks for showing

Today I feel that tinnies are underrated. Many of these tinnies have beautiful design and there is a good selection them. Also, the tinnies don't cost you arms & legs.

Comment

Really enjoyed seeing your collection. Many I have not seen before.

Comment

Somehow missed this the first time around, some great tinnies.
                            Thanks.
                            Regards,
                            Pete

Comment

I truey hope this is the original example as it makes an important addition to the discussion we have been having about this tinnie.....
                              It is die struck, and it is genuine. I examined this under the microscope and compared the same sections of this one to sections of the other fake versions that i had looked at - been given to look at by collectors etc.. for a future article... (It used to be mine until recently)
                              A great event badge that has been copied by everyone and their dog since Adam was a kid.

Comment

Fantastic collection
                                Thank you for showing
                                I love the designs of yours a lot I have never seen before

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X