Police Donation Pins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police Donation Pins

I started collecting these WHW (Winterhilfswerk) Police Day donation pins a few years ago --to use as inexpensive filler pieces in my display. But now I find myself looking for different makers. How many different makers are there? Dozens or hundreds??? Thanks, Randy

So far I have the following:
    H4
    H5
    H9
    G1
    G2
    G3
    G4
    G8
    G14
    P5
    P10
    P14
    P16
    W7
    ST.13
    Attached Files

Hey where were you in June?! I brought some of these for you but you weren't there either day!

Comment

Police Pins 1942

Couldn't make the show this year because of important family obligations. But I am already getting ready for next years event! Hopefully I can keep finding some maker marks that I don't have.

It's very interesting to see the different quality and details of these pins.
      Take care,
      Randy
      Attached Files

Comment

What a great collection and first I've seen of someone collecting these I had no idea you were seriously collecting these. And just think, there are likely so many more unique marked pieces to still find!
        Interested in the Gendarmerie - Schutzpolizei - Gemeinden - Feuerschutzpolizei - Wasserschutzpolizei - Etc. Looking For Anything Polizei Related!

Comment

Randy, nice collection of the police day badges!!

What show are you and CM Alexander referring to? Ive been out here in Everett now for 14 years (minus the times on deployment when I was active duty Navy)? Nice to see collectors in my area.

Cheers
          Brian

Comment

Hey Brian,

We are talking about the PDX show that is held during June. It is a 2 day show and is getting better each year. They get some dealers up from California now. They hold it at the Jackson Armory over by PDX (airport).

Chrys

Comment

Why don't you start a thread and show each one front and back....and have others then post the ones you dont currently have. I have a mis stamped one from the factory you will like to see...just a thought.

Comment

Chrys
                Thanks much for the info. I don't head south all that much so I am unsure about where the Jackson Armory is and what airport are you talking about.

Also you know of any good shops in the Seattle area? I luck out some times out in Snohomish at the antique shops and a coin and collectables here in Everett. Just looking for other places to shop, if there is any?

Thanks much for the info.

Cheers
                Brian

Comment

Hey Brian,

No problem...PDX is Portland International Airport. The show is at the Reserve base by the airport.

As for shops...I don't bother anymore. Everything I get is either online or from contacts that I have made over the years. You can still find some small diamonds in the rough at some of these places...but I have found that most people think that they have their retirement funded if they have something with a swastika on it.

Comment

I hear ya Chrys, believe it or not I have gotten a few sweet deals from those two places. Ive scored a few things especially from the antique store I go to thats worth about double what I have paid for it. Its the 2nd tinny down http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=753388 is one of the items I picked up at Star Antique mall in Snohomish. You should take a trip up there and check them out, its booth 16 if I remember correctly. Don't go and wipe them out. lol

Cheers
                    Brian

Comment

A few more makers

I just picked up another three Police Pins with maker marks that I didn't have, W8, 3, and 1. How many of these crazy pins am I missing?? I can't believe that there were this many different makers.

Thanks, Randy
                      Attached Files

Comment

So many variations. Is it common to find errors in the construction?

Comment

NICE Maker Mark

I have been in the hospital for a week so I haven't posted much. But I just received a nice pin with maker 0.26
                          Thanks for looking,
                          Randy
                          Attached Files

Comment

Interesting collection, i have just checked mine i have the 0.1 and H5

Regards Chay

Comment

1942 Police Pins

I just picked up three more pins (makers 0.27 13 and H3 00).

Here is my list of Maker so far. I am always interested in purchasing makers that I don't have. Thanks, Randy

H2
                              H3 00
                              H4
                              H5
                              H9
                              G1
                              G2
                              G3
                              G4
                              G5
                              G8
                              G11
                              G14
                              P5
                              P9
                              P10
                              P14
                              P16
                              W7
                              W8
                              ST.13
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X