Shooting Award

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting Award

Hello all, and I hope every one had a great summer.
    Does any one know what these were called, what organization issued them and where on the uniform they were worn and who would of received them. I have had pieces of these over my 40 years in the hobby but never one with 5 attachments. I can not find ANY reference on them.
    Thanks,
    Jack Neeley
    Attached Files

Shooting Award

After I thought about it, I remembered I had another one, but with only one attachment. here it is.
    I do not have a clue as to what - Where or When they were issued.
    Jack
    Attached Files

Comment

These were awarded by the 'Deutsche Schützen Verein', a shooting organization dating back to late 19th century and still in existence in Germany.
      Erich
      Festina lente!

Comment

....and were not worn on uniforms as such.
        Pete

Comment

Hi Jack,

the name of the organization is Deutscher Schützenverband (D.Sch.V).

The holes are not for another decoration as it is shown here. That is not usual.
          The holes are for hangers with the dates of the competition year, for example 1940 and/or 1941.

There are different disciplines like Wehrmannsgewehr, Kleinkaliberbüchse, Wehrmannszimmerstutzen and Pistole, accordant are the above hangers.

The lowest grade is the small bronze version, the highest grade is the large gold version.

You could not wear such badges on a police or a military uniform, only on the special uniforms of the shooting clubs.

Here is an example for a modern shooting club uniform with 6 badges for different weapons and several corresponding annual hangers for each badge.

http://fotos.verwaltungsportal.de/se...wollbrandt.jpg

Uwe

Comment

There were other configurations of these too without the wreathes I have one link of one around here somewhere I think in bronze.

By the way These examples you have are very nice , in excellent condition and not often encountered ....

Comment

shooting Awards

Hello, I want to thank every one for the help. I do not know why I asked for the organization, I actually knew it. But I had never seen a string like this, and I liked it, but it looked awkward to wear. It will look great with all my shooting awards. I tend to lean towards the odd pieces and it fits in my collection very well. Thanks to ALL. Jack Neeley

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X