Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Mem. Badge and unknown tinnie

Hello,

About two years ago on a local flea market, my eyes fell on these two badges. The first one is the HJ Membership Badge. The enamel is still in a very nice condition but the bronze-like finish on the center is almost completely gone. On some places, the same goes for the borders. The reverse of the badge has one marking M1/77 and another marking which I believe is a RZM-stamp. This is very small and I cannot see it properly without using magnifying glasses or a digital camera.

The other badge is a complete mystery to me. The front shows Mussolini on the left side and Hitler on the right side. The vertical banner says 'Berlin Roma'. A swastika is located on the left side of the banner and a bulge is located on the upper right side of the banner, but I have no clue what that means. The reverse has no markings at all. Dimensions for this small piece are 26x20mm or 1.02x0.79inches.

All opinions or remarks are very welcome as usual!

Cheers,
    Laurens

Hj - 1
    Attached Files

Comment

Hj - 2
      Attached Files

Comment

Hj - 3
        Attached Files

Comment

unknown - 1
          Attached Files

Comment

unknown - 2
            Attached Files

Comment

unknown - 3
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Laurens Q-fin
                unknown - 3
                You have 2 nice and to me original pins there. The first being a Youth membership pin and the second is a pact-of-steel pin. Mine is not solid like yours and with mine Hitler and Mussolini's profiles are switched and mine says Roma and Berlino. I've been told mine is an Italian version of your pin. Either way, you have 2 nice flea market finds. Robert
                Attached Files

Comment

Hello Robert,

Thank you for the reply. Very interesting to see a second version around somewhere. When you say yours is not solid, you mean cut-out (hollow)? If possible, can you post a picture from the reverse? I'm curious about the position and attachment of the needle if so...
                  Besides the fact that the faces are switched, there are also large differences in the contours of the faces.

Cheers,
                  Laurens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X