A stupid question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A stupid question...

OK, I am a bit embarassed to be asking this, but I told a friend of mine I would. A German friend of mine asked me what type of pin or badge the GEheimSTAdtsPOlizei wore pinned to the UNDERSIDE of their collars ( of the trenchcoat ). I wasn't aware there was such a thing ( the only thing I know of is the warrent disc ).

So, a couple of questions, 1. what was it that they wore ? 2. where can I find a repro of one ( he wants one for a gag, he has that kind of sence of humor )

Thanks guys, I just have no idea about this stuff.

Eric Queen

There wasn't one! I believe this derives from some sort of Hollywood movie schtick with Nazi party badges "hidden" in that way.

Comment

Thanks Rick, that's what I thought but I just needed someone who knows what they are talking about to confrim it. I will pass it on.

Thanks again,

Eric

Comment

Questions

Eric-

I still believe that there are no such things as "stupid questions"... asking questions actually reflects intelligence and a yearning to learn. As Rick pointed out, TV and movies sometimes take way too much liberty with reality which often may need clarified, especially if not in your field of expertise. Not all of us have Rick's well rounded knowledge and expertise; we all question and search for answers...

Sorry I got on a soapbox - the members of this forum are generally very open with their remarks, eager to share, and respectful; one reason I like it so much.

Keep searching mate !! Best regards-

Kevin

Comment

Kevin, you said exactly the same thing that I was going to say when I saw how Eric had titled this post. Wel put!

I agree as well with the answers to Eric's question. The Geheimstadtpolizei, when not in uniform, wore no distinguishing badge to my knowledge, although of course some of them were issued the warrant discs.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
          X