Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question - Thur. Gautreffen Erfurt Tinnie

Hi

I just noticed the nice "Thuringen. Gautreffen Erfurt " tinnie for sale on the estand and I am a bit confused here (nothing new I guess but...)

I just purchased one earlier this week (its in the mail) that looked OK to me after comparing it to the specimen shown in "The great tinnie war" and a few other picts from my archives. On mine, the date in the lower left quadrant of the swastika appears as "6.33" (month/year). The specimen on the estand shows the date as "4.6.33" (day/month/year)

Are there 2 original/accepted variations of this tinnie ?

Thanks for your help

JC

both ok

Yes, they had those with both 4.6.33 and 6.33 dates. Having said that there were also different tinnies with this identical design but different lettering on the swastika. One example would be "Fahnen-Weihe" from Wandlitz with the date of 17.9.33

cheers
    Matt
    Last edited by Matthew; 12-20-2013, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Ouf!

Thanks for the feedback Matt. Not an expert in anything, least of all tinnies as I only have a few of these (so far) so I had doubts there ...

I'm aware some designs were "recycled" like the "Bautzen Brigade Appell 3.12. 1933" which exists in 4 or 5 versions (different cities & dates) or in different colours or configurations (hollow/solid) for the same event but I found it unusual to see 2 slightly different designs of the same tinnie for the same event

Thanks again for your help

JC

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X