DAF Stickpin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DAF Stickpin

Hi, can anyone out there post a picture of their DAF stickpin, I can't yet. Have a DAF Stickpin marked "43" with the RZM logo, did these exist?

Mine has a little attachment that fits on the pointy bit to protect the wearer, simply pulls off, what should these look like if they are even genuine?

Thanks in advance, Tony.

Tony, Is this the type of stickpin you have? This one is marked M1/14 for Matth. Oescbsler & Sohn, Ansbach.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Tony,
      Here's one that I have. Marked "72" with the RZM logo.
      Hard to see in the picture.
      .. John
      Attached Files

Comment

reverse..
        Attached Files

Comment

There was a brief period between the RZM issuing the first manufacturer numbers in March 1935 and the introduction of "M" prefixes a few months later. DAF stickpins are often found with just the RZM mark and a number, and they are from this transitional period.

Usually you only find the sliding ball clasp on Golden DAF Honor stickpins, so it might be a home addition by the member who got tired of being stabbed.

Comment

Excellent

Thanks for all the help, yes, those both look like my new addition. Was worried that no normal RZM makers mark meant it was a bit of a worry, but now it all seems ok. Appreciate the rapid replys, Tony.

Comment

Value ????

One last question, what is the current market value of this little pin, I paid
              NZ $7.00, about 3.50 Euros, is this a "steal"?

Comment

Definitely a steel at that price specially as you said it came with the point protector.

Originally posted by Tony C
                One last question, what is the current market value of this little pin, I paid
                NZ $7.00, about 3.50 Euros, is this a "steal"?

Comment

IM posting this for Tony C.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice pins lads, I've yet to add one of these to my collection.

Cheers
                    Don

Comment

Thanks Jack for posting this picture, nice to see something of mine up for discussion, gives me an even better reason to hurry up and pay my fees.
                      This site is fantastic, great to get a bunch of like minded people together who help each other out like this. Can't wait to get some of my other items & SS photos up for discussion.
                      One last thing, is the point protector genuine or something added much later on?

Cheers........Tony

Comment

Tony,
                        I can't say if this protector is original to your pin but they did come with them, as you can imagine a very easily lost item.

Comment

Apologies

Sorry James, called you Jack in that thread above.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X