The German Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The German Order

I need to know more about "The German Order". I've been on this other site and all it has to say is "it was the highest award in the party" and "DERP!" I know this. I need a lengthy history on the medal. I just can't find anything I need
    Someone let me know something. Thanks.

OK Here goes.......When Dr.FritzTodt - desinger of the autobahn road system and the West Wall died in an air crsh inFeb 44, Hitler introduced an NSDAP order which he ranked as the partys highest honour. Something along these lines had been in the pipeline since 1939. It was posthumously awarded to Todt and must have been designed and manufactuered proir to his death. They were made by the firm of Wilhelm Duemer and could be awarded with or without swords. There seems to have been 10 recipiants. The other 9 were - Reinhard Heydrich (posthumous) Adolf Huhnlien (posthumous) Victor Lutze (posthumous) Josef Brurckel (commited suicide- nov 1944) Rudolf Schmundt (posthumous) Konstantin Hierl. Karl Hanke ( killed a few weeks later) Karl Holz ( killed in action the following day) and Artur Axmann, head of the Hiler Youth.

The award contained elements of earlier awards- the golden party badge in the centre and it had the same ribbon as the Blood Order. There also seems to have been a pin back version, but Im not sure if these were ever made. I have a referance book that indicates 2 classes (with or without swords) and 6 differant grades. If you want I could type out everything I have about it but it would take too long to do it here. I could write it up post it to you by email if you like. In the mid 70s I was lucky enough to handle one of these awards - with swords- and in its presentaion case. I have since learned that some repoductions were made in the 60s and 70s in very limited numbers, so I dont know if the one I saw was an original.
    Last edited by Raym'; 10-18-2004, 04:29 PM.

Comment

You don't have to type all of that. I know it's alot. Could you scan the pages you have it all on? I just have a reproduction of the German Order. It's a wide pin-back and it doesn't have the swords or ribbon or anything. As far as you saying it had a references to other awards, all I can see in it is Iron Cross, Golden Party Badge, and Order of the German Eagle because of the Eagles around the outside of the center in angles. But that's cool. Really, all of my Third Reich stuff is reproduction except for a really nice coin from 1935 with Hitler on the front.....5 Reichsmarks, and a War Merit medal without the original ribbon. I don't care about real or not, just as long as they're cheap, look good, and don't need any maintanance. My e-mail is "DragginBalls_Z@hotmail.com". Thanks alot.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X