Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Assistance with H.J. Tinnie 1934 Aachen

Hello to all,
    I picked up this tinnie yesterday at a local gun show. It was in a box of miscelaneous junk. I paid $15. for this piece which I consider a bargain price only because I have never seen one like this before. I think it must be a somewhat scarce tinnie. Looks to be for a Hitler Youth meeting held in Aachen during July of 1934. The center indicates 'Gebiet 11 Mittelrhein'. This tinnie is made of stamped steel with a soldered on pin of the typical type found on tinnies. The copper/bronze finish is in excellent condition. I think this is a great looking design with the large eagle, and the H.J. Knife at the bottom. Does anyone else own one of these or have any more information about this tinnie? Any idea on a value? Any assistance would be appreciated.
    Thank you and best regards! Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Here is the reverse.

Thanks again! Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Yes I agree a great looking HJ tinnie. I found it in a old Reinhard Tieste tinnie catalog I havn't seen one in hand before. nice find.

Comment

Originally posted by jnoble
        Yes I agree a great looking HJ tinnie. I found it in a old Reinhard Tieste tinnie catalog I havn't seen one in hand before. nice find.
        Hello James,
        Thank you for your assistance.
        Best regards! Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

Tom, You should post your tinnies in the Great Tinnie War thread.

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek
            Hello to all,
            I picked up this tinnie yesterday at a local gun show. It was in a box of miscelaneous junk. I paid $15. for this piece which I consider a bargain price only because I have never seen one like this before. I think it must be a somewhat scarce tinnie. Looks to be for a Hitler Youth meeting held in Aachen during July of 1934. The center indicates 'Gebiet 11 Mittelrhein'. This tinnie is made of stamped steel with a soldered on pin of the typical type found on tinnies. The copper/bronze finish is in excellent condition. I think this is a great looking design with the large eagle, and the H.J. Knife at the bottom. Does anyone else own one of these or have any more information about this tinnie? Any idea on a value? Any assistance would be appreciated.
            Thank you and best regards! Tom
            Excellent piece, thanks for sharing it with us.

Cheers
            Don

Comment

Tom,
              What a beauty! Great find. Rarely seen badge

John

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X