No announcement yet.

SS Pins, Fake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cone's book is great, but he is almost certainly mistaken about the "canted M" RZM mark.

There were simply no RZM-approved companies outside of the Grossdeutschesreich. For my book on RZM codes and marks I reviewed about 900 RZM licenses and they are all in Germany and annexed territories (Austria, Sudtenland) that became part of Germany. None were issued for companies in occupied territories, like Poland, Netherlands, etc. This is because the RZM's mandate was also to provide work for Germans, so it would go against their mandate to farm the work out.

The RZM mark - the "Schutzzeichen" - didn't change (although there are 4 basic variations), and there is no record in the RZM regulations for a "canted M" mark. The RZM logo was the trademark, and so it was fiercely defended by the Reichszeugmeisterei, with fines and up to 2 years imprisonment for improper use.

Cone has one or two clunkers in his otherwise excellent book, and in my opinion, this is one of them.

Originally posted by Duzig
    Hello all,
    According to J.R. Cone's book One People One Reich on enamelled badges it is stated that the canted leg rzm does not necessarily mean it's a bogus piece,just that it was produced outside of germany proper. Is Cone wrong on this or what? Thanks for your replies.
    Duzig

Comment

Stephen,
      I thank you much for your answer to my query. One learns something new everyday in this hobby and again i thank you for your info. I have heard very little contradiction about what is in Cone's book so I'm glad you cleared this up for me.
      Duzig (Bill)

Comment

Originally posted by Duzig
        Stephen,
        I thank you much for your answer to my query. One learns something new everyday in this hobby and again i thank you for your info. I have heard very little contradiction about what is in Cone's book so I'm glad you cleared this up for me.
        Duzig (Bill)
        My first fake was an SS helmet, thankfully I got my money back, but Stephen is correct, we've all been there at some point.

As a side note, I highly recommend Stephen's book, it will answer most if not all of your questions re the RZM marks.

Cheers
        Don

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
        X