Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJ Badges: the supposed A & B grades?

Something that has puzzled me for a while:

Many books inc Angolia, Littlejohn etc state that - for example - two grades existed for the Golden Leaders' badge, for different age ranges.

However, I have never seen any political badge with an A designation - only numbered badges or those marked with a B, which I have always believed to mean replacement.

Are the old books wrong, can anyone shed any light on this?

Many thanks,

hi

the old books are wrong , a lot of these old books have quite a few errors in them

Comment

I thing that there is nothing about grades in this badge in period resources.
      There is a class only, numbered. So, the badges with the B on the reverse are replacement pieces privetely purchased.

Comment

Classes no, not at all, but "types" there are, if you wanted to get technical.

A and B prefixed badges made by Deschler followed by the number.
        • Numbered versions from a few other makers (with no prefix).
        • Numbered versions from a few other makers prefixed with a B.
        • Numbered versions from Deumer prefixed with a B.
        • Deumer made badges with only B (per the official statement that "numbers" were no longer needed on a B badge)

see the HJ-research Forum for more info on these...

Why Deschler marked their badges with the letter A is not known, the same as it is not known why they marked the SSFM badges they made with many numbered prefixes .. But i think, the only A marked HJ Ehrenzeichen are from Deschler-M1/52

Comment

Thank you for the info, but... I´ve never seen all this classes. Currently only the numbered (without prefixes) and B versions can be seen. Could you post in this forum any images of this "types" and tell us the diferences between the A and the B?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregorio Torres View Post
            Thank you for the info, but... I´ve never seen all this classes. Currently only the numbered (without prefixes) and B versions can be seen. Could you post in this forum any images of this "types" and tell us the diferences between the A and the B?
            I agree - hence my question. I have NEVER seen a A prefix - only Bs or numbers.

Please post documentary evidence of these different types.

Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post

Please post documentary evidence of these different types.
              Sorry there is no chance of that happening. I dont mind helping, especially with complicated issues, but what i stated above, is known to everyone, a few minutes on the site i suggested, the HJ-research forum, will show you all of them - and more. I see no need to spend my time copying and pasting images from one forum onto the next.
              I hope that is correctly understood, and not taken personally.

Comment

Fair enough, I am about to go on holiday for two weeks but will check this on my return as I find it odd that I have not seen these A badges before on any dealer site or any book

Comment

Originally posted by Seigfried View Post
                  Fair enough, I am about to go on holiday for two weeks but will check this on my return as I find it odd that I have not seen these A badges before on any dealer site or any book
                  Well enjoy it, it does really good to get away, we just came back from Finalnd, and after 3 days at home i went back on my own again :-) Thats the kind of husband i am

The A prefixed badges are, at the moment, only known by Deschler. (and many are known) (Image)
                  But the HJ research forum is the place to be, if you need questioned answered about HJ items.

Comment

hi jo

im assuming john's initial post was just about the golden leaders sports badge,
                    i have only seen these in numbered reverse or marked B ,never with all these other types you talk about ?? and you say about other makers only brehmer made these awards ???? i think there is confusion about hj golden leaders badge and the hj honor badge here

Comment

Proficiency???

A-B leaders? not A-B Ehrenzeichen? ha ha ha, well there you go, info for free, on whatever one of those you chose. Yes maybe he means that? and if so, then maybe the tile should be changed.

Comment

i could be wrong though, hopefully john will see these posts and clear up what his question actually is lol

Comment

Lets hope so Stu, for Angolias sake if anything.. because, IF any debate needs to be started about A-B versions of a HJ badge, then i would be right in my Deschler-Ehrenzeichen-quest, seeing as the only A-B marked, HJ Ehrenzeichen are found by Deschler per the thread title: HJ Badges: the supposed A & B grades?

BUT, if he was referring to the HJ Leistungsabzeichen in Gold, or in English, the Hitler Youth Achievement Badge in Gold, then obviously Deschler never made them, so this debate cant take place, because there are no HJ Leistungsabzeichen in gold that are marked with the prefix A.

Comment

Apologies for any confusion but I meant the golden leader badge as mentioned in my opening para.
                            Jo's initial post then threw me totally

Comment

Sweet, the Hitler Youth Proficiency Badge in Gold it is then.. no, Angolia is wrong, there are no A-marked versions. There are a few makers, and replacement badges marked B and thats it.
                              Anyway, any discussion an the the A-B marked HJ Ehrenabzeichen would be nothing but our opinions anyway,..-

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 8 users online. 0 members and 8 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X