Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gau München for review

Hi Guys

Your opinions and views will be appreciated - sellers pics - tinnie / abzeichen is unmarked, also without "l l" striations.

Kind Regards, Ian

photos
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks ok to me but personally I like the Deschler made and marked badge the best.

Comment

Looks ok to me too.Pin may be resoldered.

Comment

no gau

Pin looks ok but "Gau Munchen" it is not.
          cheers
          Matt

Comment

Thank you all for your views and opinions.

I have read the pinned thread "Gau München Commemorative 1923-1933" and used this name as title - it makes everyone look!

I have noted 'speedytop', 'ErichS', 'Laurens', 'JoeW' valid comments (and quote from the above pinned thread):
            The official name in a handbook is:
            "Gedenkfeier des 9. November 1923 in München", Gedenkfeier = commemoration.
            The official name in the Völkischer Beobachter is "Festabzeichen für den 9. November in München".
            A Gau München does not exist - Munich in the Gau München-Oberbayern.

WAF Members have an amazing amount of knowledge - a fantastic source of information - thanks again

KR, Ian
            Last edited by Ian Morrison; 09-15-2013, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Anycase, I´m afraid that we all will continue calling "Gau Munich" for a long time to identify this nice and very interesting badge .

Comment

Agreed. The name Gau Munich is already recognised by collectors as it is!

Mil

Comment

I strongly don't agree, to keep on naming something we know it is not, makes it look as if we haven't learned, or even worse DON'T WANT TO LEARN anything.

It's a festabzeichen, we know it and it should be called that!

There is already way too much crapped hinted and named after something it is not, how about going after the facts for a change?

Comment

it is not related with our attitude about learning. Do you know us to talk so? Things maybe said in a different way.
                    We are only saying (and the title of this thread is the best example) that the usual behaviour will be difficult to change.

Comment

Hi,

i now the names in this topic yes, thank you, but im not a native english speaker and you are right that i miss sometimes the intonation or (humor) intention of certain things. I do think i understand this topic though.

I also do think that if i (who at least can communicate a bit in english) miss certain things then people who are younger or (much) less fluent in english will definately miss certain things because of these "people who say things in a different way".

Back ontopic: there is really no need to keep on calling these badges the Gau Munich badges, they are simply not and if topics like this will remain to be made it will definately fool people in the future.

It appears that many people who own these badges are a bit disappointed since they turned out to be not gau badges, and many have since the discovery been still calling them Gau Munich badges or hinting that they are very special , interesting, beautiful or whatever. Of course everyone is free to call them or like them however they want, but they are NOT gau badges and should from now on not be called like that anymore. If the people in this topic are so good they should be the ones who give an example and change the usual bahavior of wrong assumptions or false statements, and just call them what they really are.

Comment

The name of the badge or the way we wish to call it is not the question now but the way you are treating to the people

Comment

I have to agree, since the the new info on the badge has come forth it should now be referred to
                          as the festival badge for the 9th of November 1933.

Comment

And we can add, if we want, festival badge for the 9th of November 1933 in Munich.

Uwe

Comment

Originally posted by speedytop View Post

And we can add, if we want, festival badge for the 9th of November 1933 in Munich.

Uwe
                              That works!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X