Different Badges same design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different Badges same design

Albeit pre Third Reich Badges, it interesting to observe near Identical framework Design on all three Badges. Indeed numerous TR Era Badge Designs are based on Earlier period Badges.
    Attached Files

Yes, very interesting, Martin! Three different events from three different locations in two different years during the Weimar Republic. Two events are musical in nature and the third, in Ulm, was a military memorial service. While much of the detail was changed from piece to piece to reflect the motif of each event and the local skyline, the pieces are certainly interesting. Were they made by the same manufacturer...I wouldn't doubt it for a minute!

Br. James

Comment

Astonishing !

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        Yes, very interesting, Martin! Three different events from three different locations in two different years during the Weimar Republic. Two events are musical in nature and the third, in Ulm, was a military memorial service. While much of the detail was changed from piece to piece to reflect the motif of each event and the local skyline, the pieces are certainly interesting. Were they made by the same manufacturer...I wouldn't doubt it for a minute!

Br. James
        Sadly I was loosing natural Day light when taking the Picture hence the poor image. Yes they Badges are the same manufacturer with 2 of the Badges paper labels to the reverse still intact.
        It is interesting how they still retained the same style of Badge for a completely diffent event
        Last edited by Martin Harding; 09-11-2013, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by der-hase-fee View Post
          Astonishing !
          Yes I came across those Three Badges while attempting to locate more SA Badges as nothing is displayed in cases or kept in any order, albeit many a Moon ago ago I must have obviously sorted tinnies by design and not by District, Political Organization or Date order. Hence I am now coming across Badges I was not even aware that I had.

Comment

I do know what you mean, Martin! If it weren't for the fact that I have been keeping very detailed computer records of each piece in my collections for many years, I wouldn't know what I already have, either!!

Cheers,

Br. James

Comment

Hi,

Nice badges!
              One often comes across tinnies for different events in different geographical areas of very similar design, with only the name and date of the event being at odds with one another.
              I have two badges, one for an SA sports event and the other for a "Day of the Police" sports event which are identical apart from the date and event.
              Will have to check for manufacturer though!
              This very commonly occurs with TR song postcards as well, several different song titles having the same *header" photograph; these mostly from the same postcard manufacturer.

Best wishes,

John.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X