Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Pin ID / Vet find

Gents -

I just got this from one of my vet friends in Germany last week.

He did not remember what organization it was from?

Does anyone here on the fórum know?

Thanks in advance!

Markus
    Attached Files

Hi Markus,

It's from the Reichskolonialbund.

Best,
    Greg
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Comment

Great. Many thanks Greg.

I appreciate your reply. Thanks!

Markus

Comment

That is a nice looking pin but I didn't know what it was either until Greg said what it was. Cool find.

Comment

Wikipædia:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskolonialbund

The Reichskolonialbund (RKB) (English: Reich Colonial League) was a collective body that absorbed all German colonial organisations during the time of the Third Reich. It was led by Franz Ritter von Epp.
          The Reichskolonialbund was active between 1936 and 1943.

Germany had lost all its overseas colonies by the time the Reichskolonialbund came to existence.
          The purpose of the Reichskolonialbund was to reclaim the overseas colonies that Germany had lost as a result of the Treaty of Versailles at the end of World War I. In order to expand its forerunner organisations played on the feeling, shared by most Germans, that Germany had been humiliated by the Versailles Treaty.
          The first efforts in rallying support for a re-establishment of a German Colonial Empire in Germany can be traced back to 1923. As a result a number of pro-colonial organisations, supported by both conservative-minded Germans and nationalists, were established in different parts of Germany. Founded in 1925, the foremost outfit was the Koloniale Reichsarbeitsgemeinschaft (KORAG). This organisation, along with other groups, led to the foundation of the preliminary Reichskolonialbund in 1933. The establishment was made in two steps, the second one being its incorporation (Gliederung) into the Nazi Party structure; as a result many references give two different years for the Nazi Reichskolonialbund foundation, 1933 and 1936.

Comment

Sadly, value wise: $30-$40

Comment

Originally posted by blackbird939 View Post
              Sadly, value wise: $30-$40
              Thanks for the info.

Value is always irrelevant for me. Especially when it is given as a gift.

The other items of the group are mind-blowing.

Cheers!
              Markus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X