No announcement yet.

American Nazi Party Badge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One has to wonder if this was the place? It is listed as being closed now. I realize this is the Bronx not Brooklyn but they could have moved.
    Richard V

http://www.yellowpages.com/bronx-ny/...ry-inc-6348440

Comment

Yes, Apollo Jewelers could have moved -- there were a number of sections where Germans settled in both the Bronx and Brooklyn, as well as Manhattan. Of course, that is assuming that this jeweler was sympathetic to the Bund and not merely interested in satisfying an order to manufacture a pin.

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
        Yes, Apollo Jewelers could have moved -- there were a number of sections where Germans settled in both the Bronx and Brooklyn, as well as Manhattan. Of course, that is assuming that this jeweler was sympathetic to the Bund and not merely interested in satisfying an order to manufacture a pin.

Br. James

Somehow I think the highlighted part of the statement above, correleting to making money, would describe about 90% of manufacturers of anything for any regime.
        Richard V

Comment

I couldn't agree more, Richard!!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Duzig View Post
            Hello,
            I believe I've read before that apollo jewelery company was a known producer of american bund items like this badge.
            Duzig(Bill)
            Originally posted by Richard View Post
            One has to wonder if this was the place? ......but they could have moved.
            Originally posted by Br. James View Post
            Yes, Apollo Jewelers could have moved ....
            Exactly why this thread could, possibly, just maybe, be no different to the rest of the threads about this badge. Time will tell.

Comment

I do not own an example of this pin but I did a little research nevertheless. I was able to find a 1940 telephone directory for NYC. I was able to find an address for German-American Bund (267 St Nikolas Ave. Ridgewood, NY) Tel He3-0471. I was also able to find 2 Frederich Kuhn as well. What I was not able to find was Apollo Jewelry. Apollo Cleaners, Apollo Bakery but no jewelry. Mind you this is 1940. A trip to New York Public Library would be a good start if someone chose to do so as you would think they have phone directories for earlier years. For those who are interested or own one of these badges you can go on their website which is www.directme@nypl.org Research on!

Comment

Originally posted by Josef Fueß View Post
                Exactly why this thread could, possibly, just maybe, be no different to the rest of the threads about this badge. Time will tell.

Sometimes speculation and theory is the beginning of the journey of investigation and research. Without speculation and some friendly banter among collectors, many threads could, possibly just maybe be no more than a single post long and rather dry and boring to boot.
                Richard V

Comment

Sometimes speculation and theory is the beginning of the journey of investigation and research....
                  Not when the very items you are discussing, are being left out of any kind of examination, altogether. Thats what the English call: Going at it arse-about-face.

Comment

I don't know Jo, if it turns out there was no such company/manufacturer as Apollo, job done.
                    Pete

Comment

Originally posted by Josef Fueß View Post
                      Not when the very items you are discussing, are being left out of any kind of examination, altogether. Thats what the English call: Going at it arse-about-face.
                      If the item can't be traced to a source or can't be found in period literature or photos, it makes it that much harder to authenticate. If you believe an item is authentic based on its construction and design but are lacking provenance on who produced it and when, you really have nothing.
                      Richard V

Comment

I've written member Scott Freeland about this topic. According to his posts linked by JF, he has a very substantial collection of which 95% originates from the estates of former AV members. If anybody would have an original, I'm hoping he would. I've asked him to join the thread and hopefully shine light on the matter.

Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
                          I don't know Jo, if it turns out there was no such company/manufacturer as Apollo, job done.
                          Pete
                          Well no, thats called Barking up the wrong trees.
                          If you cant find a makers name on an old letterhead, tel. book etc etc, is that concrete proof that the maker never existed?
                          No it is not.
                          If you can find that there was indeed such a maker around at that time, is that concrete proof that they made these items?
                          No, it is not.
                          If the item can't be traced to a source or can't be found in period literature or photos, it makes it that much harder to authenticate. If you believe an item is authentic based on its construction and design but are lacking provenance on who produced it and when, you really have nothing.
                          Richard V
                          The red part? I cant see why really, because there has never been any discussion about these badges, their construction etc etc.. in fact, the great images on this thread already show the construction, and if you believe, judging from these images, that the badge is original... then you will be, sorely mistaken. Even more so if you pay the required 400 pieces of gold for them. (I think Weitze wants 450 actually) You used in the collective term, so no personal jabs.
                          Originally posted by blackbird939 View Post
                          I've written member Scott Freeland about this topic. According to his posts linked by JF, he has a very substantial collection of which 95% originates from the estates of former AV members. If anybody would have an original, I'm hoping he would. I've asked him to join the thread and hopefully shine light on the matter.
                          Michael
                          GREAT IDEA

Comment

Originally posted by blackbird939 View Post

Michael
                            Hard to believe that the author, of a recent book about this "bund" refuses to comment, or shed any light? did you ever get a reply to the PM you sent Michael?

Comment

Bund Pin

Blackbird your Bund pin is a good one.one of the few orginals on the collecters market.

Comment

Originally posted by theodore giles View Post
                                Blackbird your Bund pin is a good one.one of the few orginals on the collecters market.
                                Do you have anything other than your opinion to support the originality?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X