Berlin Gau recipients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Berlin Gau recipients

Has anyone out there information as to the recipients of this extremely rare award. Recently I have acquired a cased silver award number 292 , if only it were gold!!!!! Nonetheless the piece is superb, unfortunately I do not possess a digital camera to post images, the wife can buy me one for Xmas. Any help would
    be gratefully received.

I have never seen a list of recipients, Kyle, but congratulations on a great find.
    OMSA #6582

At my age, "getting lucky" is finding my car in the parking lot.

Comment

Kyle,

According to a post on the German Dagers Forum, a collector in the United Kingdom named Harry also just acquired the same baadge also numbered 292. Perhaps you should compare notes with him about your badge.
      OMSA #6582

Comment

Berlin Gau

Ken,

Its the same old me in darkest Wales where men are men and sheep are very nervous , as for Australia ...if only.

Comment

Kyle,

Mea Culpa. I had the film Breaker Morant on my mind and thought I read New South Wales as in "New South Wales Mounted" the Barrister's outfit.

Glad to hear that there aren't two of these with the same number around. They are very rare and I am envious.
          Just FYI, the current Manions auction has a rather shabby exemplar listed.

Cheers,
          'Ken
          OMSA #6582

Comment

Berlin Gau

Ken,

There are a few Breaker Morants around here on the weekend,
            I wonder whether there are any Gold issues still out there. Suffice
            to say they will remain in the domain of the Wolfe Hardin dollar belt if so. I would dearly love to have a West Prussia Gau I have never seen one for sale anywhere so in terms of rarity ..well I don't really no what is the "least available Gau" so to speak. The
            Wartheland is a lovely piece, I assume your interst reflects mine ?
            What interests me are the low issue numbers afforded these respective pieces , at some stage one has to look at such matters for the long term. Needless to say I assume you are like me insofar as you want everything yesterday. If only ... eh

Comment

Kyle,

Our interests do sound similar. I have a Gau East Prussia badge, but the condition is only fair. I have a minature Gau Wartheland; the 1923 and 1925 Gau Traditions Badges; a Gau Danzig Badge; a Cau Honover in bronze; a Gau Thuringen in silver and a minature of the same badge; a minature of the Gau Essen (not the tinnie that is omnipresent; both versions (large and small) of the Gau Baden badge. Other NSDAP Badges I have are the Gau Munich Commemmorative badge; the Nuremburg Badge of Honor 1929 in black and a silver non-portable of the same award and three SA Bruswick badges. Of the latter, my favorite is complete with the recipient's SA ID booklet which records permission for him to wear the badge. Like you I don't have the capability of posting photos or I would share them.
              OMSA #6582

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X