Leather Tinnies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leather Tinnies

I have a few of these and I like them alot. It was interesting for me to see what the Germans could do with cowhide.

I tried to grab the tinnies from where I worked and lived in Germany.
    I have some from Frankfurt, Mainz, Bad Kreuznach, and all along the Rhein and Mosel rivers. If anyone has any from these areas that they may want to part with let me know.

Anyway here are the leather tinnies. That just doesn't sound right.
    Attached Files

Ah - Tinnies......

Gary -

Very nice pieces.... it is surprising what tinnie manufacturers made their products from.... metal, plastic, crochet, pressed paper, leather, plastics, etc.... I will start a few new threads with a few of my personal favorites in my collection; including a salesman's display from Pleuger and Voss, Ludenscheid...

Regards-

Kevin

Comment

Hello Gary
      Nice badges,it always amazes me how the leather Tinnies survive in such good condition.I have a few that I will post when I get chance.

Comment

Thanks Guys,
        I can't wait to see the pictures....I'll post my Frankfurt tinnies I have about half a dozen of them or so. I never really pursued them they just came along and I said to myself, "Hey I lived/worked/been there....that's a neat little tinnie, I'll take it."

As far as the two leather ones are concerned I bought them both at local flea markets from each city. Bad Kreuznach is where I lived and worked. St. Goarhausen was 30 minutes away along the Rhine which had some neat old castles and a great disco in the 70.s.

Comment

FRG

I lived in Wiesbaden for 3 years - 1975-1978. Loved it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
          X