1939 Reichsparteitag Table Medal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1939 Reichsparteitag Table Medal

For your perusal another one from my "big medal" drawer. This time its the humongous medallion for the winner of 1939 war games which was to take place during 1939 Reichsparteitag of Friendship. In the unexpected turn of events was never awarded as the Fuhrer decided for the opposite approach.
    Originally the medal was gold plated/gilded which was absorbed by the zinc based alloy but interestingly enough the varnish coating actually sealed it preventing from developing any zinc pest and retaining all the small details quite sharply.
    Big and heavy is what best describes it. Few of those around to include 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner medals (gold, silver and bronze plated respectively).

cheers
    Matt
    Attached Files

big

Yeah, she's a big girl...the one in the frame is not a mini-its full size badge- it just looks well..small
    Attached Files

Comment

A nice medal Matt and I especially like the framed Munich 1933 festival badge.

Comment

A Munich sharp 3 type - ie Deschler?

Mil

Comment

sure is

Yessir, Deschler it is. With the price point (for the other type) approaching the marked Deschlers I figured its no contest as to which one to get.
          Helps me sleep at night like a baby.
          cheers
          Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
            Yessir, Deschler it is. With the price point (for the other type) approaching the marked Deschlers I figured its no contest as to which one to get.
            Helps me sleep at night like a baby.
            cheers
            Matt
            I agree only the Deschler marked badge for me as well.

Comment

And a Deschler ü Sohne or Deschler & Sohne variant?
              The former is most desirable. Which is yours?

Comment

Originally posted by Military View Post
                And a Deschler ü Sohne or Deschler & Sohne variant?
                The former is most desirable. Which is yours?

Dunno, its on the inside of the frame. But as the pic below would suggest we're in no danger of having those re-made no matter how they're designated.
                Attached Files

Comment

Congrats, I just picked up 1939 Reichsparteig (ReichsNoparteig) Medal w/case a couple weeks ago too. Sadly the case did not protect it as well as yours since mine suffers from some Zinc Finish absorption. She's a Beauty that you have there.

Comment

Hey Matt,

A great photo and wonder if they found any GPBs in the rubble?

Comment

GPBs?

Good question but I suspect as with the rest of them they seem to have that 33-45 blank spot in their collective memory. Oddly enough they're still at it: http://www.pichl-medaillen.com/
                      cheers
                      Matt

Comment

Originally posted by petopoint View Post
                        Congrats, I just picked up 1939 Reichsparteig (ReichsNoparteig) Medal w/case a couple weeks ago too. Sadly the case did not protect it as well as yours since mine suffers from some Zinc Finish absorption. She's a Beauty that you have there.
                        Well, lets see it- would make for a nice change from guys arguing about left track on a variant of their Panzer Assault Badge

Anyone else willing to share their 39 RPT non portable treasures?
                        cheers
                        Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Matthew View Post
                          Well, lets see it- would make for a nice change from guys arguing about left track on a variant of their Panzer Assault Badge
                          Thats so true. I wish I could show some, but I mustn't be looking in the right places to find any. But all in good time.

Comment

39 RPT Cased Award

Cased by Poellath
                            Attached Files

Comment

Here's mine - Front
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X