Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golden Hitler Youth Honor badge

Hi Guys,

What do you think of this badge? I read a thrd about double markings being a problem. The only thing is I bought it with a bunch of other stuff that was good??

Bill Rannow
    Mpls, MN

No One?

Hi all there are no comments whether is real or not?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>

<o></o>

Bill<o></o>

Originally posted by brannow
    Hi Guys,

What do you think of this badge? I read a thrd about double markings being a problem. The only thing is I bought it with a bunch of other stuff that was good??

Bill Rannow
    Mpls, MN

Comment

Bill,
      Okay I'll step up here with an opinion but first let me say yes your right there are a lot of collectors that shy away from pieces with both RZM and GES GESCH markings now if the piece was made between 1934-35 that would explain the double marking as that was when the RZM was given control of manufacturing quality, now having said that here's my feeling about your badge I don't care for it and here's my reasoning it's the RZM mark it's self which is very good except for the wide spread legs on the M which I have both read and be told is a good indicator of a bad piece. Remember this is just my opinion.

Comment

RZM Mark and HJ Badge

Hi Bill,

The M1/70 Golden HJ Badge shown is generally accepted as good. The RZM mark and GES. GESCH. continued to appear on some badges alongside the RZM mark right to the end, although the RZM made it redundant. (GES GESCH means "legally protected" as in trademarked, but RZM licensing and pattern inspection centralized the process.)

I have an example of that exact badge (different number of course) in my book "A Collector's Guide to the RZM Marks of the NSDAP" (www.goldenpheasant.biz).

This badge doesn't really have the "spread legs" in the M of the RZM mark. When you see mark with the spread or "canted" legs you'll know it. It looks like two pup tents joined together. The one here is perfectly acceptable.

Cheers,

Stephen

Originally posted by jnoble
        Bill,
        Okay I'll step up here with an opinion but first let me say yes your right there are a lot of collectors that shy away from pieces with both RZM and GES GESCH markings now if the piece was made between 1934-35 that would explain the double marking as that was when the RZM was given control of manufacturing quality, now having said that here's my feeling about your badge I don't care for it and here's my reasoning it's the RZM mark it's self which is very good except for the wide spread legs on the M which I have both read and be told is a good indicator of a bad piece. Remember this is just my opinion.

Comment

[QUOTE=brannow]Hi all there are no comments whether is real or not?<O></O>

<O></O>

Bill<O></O>[/QUOTE

Bill

I have one just like yours, same markings and serial number. I wonder how many more like it are out there.

Mike

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X