Gold Party Badge Opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold Party Badge Opinions?

I've had this badge for approximately 20 years and have often wondered about it (two photos attached)... Any feedback pro or con will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Swede1
    Attached Files

Bad very bad.

Comment

Agreed,,BAD to the bone

Greg

Comment

Greg & Erich: Thanks for your analysis. I obviously don't know enough about these, so can you give me some illustrative pointers that show this badge to be definitely a baddy? (Fortunately I did not pay much for these 20 years ago)

Swede1

Comment

Originally posted by Swede1 View Post
          Greg & Erich: Thanks for your analysis. I obviously don't know enough about these, so can you give me some illustrative pointers that show this badge to be definitely a baddy? (Fortunately I did not pay much for these 20 years ago)

Swede1
          Everything is wrong so it's hard to know where to start. Use the search function to see many originals which you can compare to this one to see the many differences.

Comment

It's not even an attempt to copy the originals. Everything is wrong.

Regards, Wim

Freedom is not for Free
            Freedom is not for Free

Comment

edited ...

Comment

Hi Swede1 and welcome among us! I certainly agree with all of the responses received thus far regarding the badge you shared with us in your initial note. I also want to respond to your question in note #4 below: in addition to consulting the numerous threads on this subject found here on the WAF, I would recommend that you visit a fine website dedicated to the Golden Party Badge in all its forms -- www.interlog.com/~sjl/GPB . This website is written by Stephen, one of our colleagues here on WAF, and his site includes a section on "Fakes" which should address your question. You'll even find examples of badges similar to yours there, all of which have been produced to fool the collecting public and have done so for a number of decades. Glad to hear that you didn't spend much for the badge you've shown; some collectors wish they could say the same!

Br. James

Comment

Originally posted by Br. James View Post
                  Hi Swede1 and welcome among us! I certainly agree with all of the responses received thus far regarding the badge you shared with us in your initial note. I also want to respond to your question in note #4 below: in addition to consulting the numerous threads on this subject found here on the WAF, I would recommend that you visit a fine website dedicated to the Golden Party Badge in all its forms -- www.interlog.com/~sjl/GPB . This website is written by Stephen, one of our colleagues here on WAF, and his site includes a section on "Fakes" which should address your question. You'll even find examples of badges similar to yours there, all of which have been produced to fool the collecting public and have done so for a number of decades. Glad to hear that you didn't spend much for the badge you've shown; some collectors wish they could say the same!

Br. James
                  Thank you for the website link! I see my badge in page 2 of the fakes.

Swede1

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                  X