Gausieger Badge Check

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gausieger Badge Check

Knowing that there are many excellent quality reproductions of this badge on the streets, I wanted to post this badge here to get opinions. Thanks!
    Attached Files

nothing wrong with that one

Comment

Frankly, I didn't have a problem with it either. I sold it at auction last month, and the owner had a question about it, having seen a repro for sale on another website. Knowing that these can be tricky, I thought I'd post it just to be sure. For the record, what is the main difference between the originals and the high-end copies? Is there a "main red flag" to look out for?

Comment

Good one. Details can be found on the Hitler Youth Forum, I think to remember.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Gottlieb View Post
          Frankly, I didn't have a problem with it either. I sold it at auction last month, and the owner had a question about it, having seen a repro for sale on another website. Knowing that these can be tricky, I thought I'd post it just to be sure. For the record, what is the main difference between the originals and the high-end copies? Is there a "main red flag" to look out for?
          Craig , what made the buyer think this one was bad ?

Comment

Original Gau

I see No problems with its Legitimacy either. From its Off-White Cream colored base Enamel to its correct hardware, MM, and Silverwashed Eagle and Outer Rim. A Nice original Gau Badge.

Comment

He didn't have a lot of experience with these, and saw one of the "good" fakes being offered, and just got concerned. I told him I thought it was good, but to make him comfortable, I'd post it here for opinions.

Comment

its a common prob these days new collectors see far more repros than they do original items, so when the original items are diff from the repros they get concerned, its should be the other way around but thats a sign of the times for you.

anyway like i said it a fine gausieger, with no issues whatsoever

Comment

Some of the better repros for comparison.
                  Richard V
                  Attached Files

Comment

The ones that I have problems with are the 1944 Gausiegers ... sometimes those are tough ones. But I know who to go to for help .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X