Tinnie Copie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinnie Copie

Are the details of the reverse of this tinnie eveidence of copy? Just a heads up. Have a nice weekend.

PS What a bird!
    Attached Files

it isnĀ“t the tipical reverse for a fake.

Comment

tinnie

Robert,

Comment

Available for sale................on a sponsor site.

Comment

The eagle looks as if my 10 year old engraved it in the die. The reverse shows soft detail most often seen on poor quality reproductions. This early in the TR period, quality was much better than this.
          Richard V

Comment

I can't wait to see what Pete has to say. He is a great spotter.

Comment

It looks horrible, but I have seen worse birds and engraving on some tinnies, The stamped over reverse rim is mostly missing and I am never happy with a blob solder fixing, BUT, I think its real.
              Regards,
              Pete
              It also matches the illustration in Tiestes books (not that that means anything)

Comment

I am shocked. Such poor quality.

Comment

That is one ugly bird

Comment

Originally posted by Wood View Post
                    It looks horrible, but I have seen worse birds and engraving on some tinnies, The stamped over reverse rim is mostly missing and I am never happy with a blob solder fixing, BUT, I think its real.
                    Regards,
                    Pete
                    It also matches the illustration in Tiestes books (not that that means anything)

Pete, Can you post the picture from Tieste's book for comparison?
                    Richard V

Comment

Hideous

In 1939 when this Tinnie was supposedly minted there would be standards enforced. I can't imagine how or why this bird would be produced unless it was a parody on the plight of Birds being sent to Buchenwald.

Comment

The bird.....the poor quality stamping.............I beleive Pete though. Tieste shows one as the same. The Austrians..............quality?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X