Tinny General Assault Badge ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tinny General Assault Badge ?

Have you ever seen one like that ? Original ? Thanks !

Hello,

Very interesting! What is the size of that piece? Perhaps it is an unfinished stickpin miniature. Do you have a picture of the reverse?

Best regards,
    Tom
    Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

A few more pictures :

Comment

Aha! So it is a stickpin miniature. Thanks for the additional pictures. I've never seen a General Assault Badge miniature quite like that before, but I would think it stands a good chance of being okay. Unfortunately, I do not know much about miniatures like this, so I am not certain. Is there any knurling on the pin?

Best regards,
        Tom
        Mihi libertas necessest!

Comment

I'm not sure if I like it at all; it's sure lacking in details when compared to the one I recently got in, in a cigarbox full of a veteran's souvenirs. Maybe it looks like that because it's smaller than mine. Mine is about 16mm. Perhaps they had different qualities available. Mine has cut outs behind the eagle's head, behind the wings & the bayonets, & the detailing is exquisite. The silver finish on mine is just about perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by tyanacek View Post
            Aha! So it is a stickpin miniature. Thanks for the additional pictures. I've never seen a General Assault Badge miniature quite like that before, but I would think it stands a good chance of being okay. Unfortunately, I do not know much about miniatures like this, so I am not certain. Is there any knurling on the pin?

Best regards,
            Tom
            I'm not sure if it's really what you want to know, but there is no knurling on the border of the pin.

To answer Silesien's post, it is very small. Would have been difficult to add details on it !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X